Self-studying math to physics?

In summary, if you want to learn physics on your own, you will need to be good in math, and have a basic understanding of the principles and concepts involved.
Viktoriooo
Hi, i am a thirteen year old boy who has a great interest in math and physics. I was just wondering how can i learn myself math (Trigonometry,pre-calc etc.) all the way to solving some physics problems at a certain level?

Physics news on Phys.org
Viktoriooo said:
Hi, i am a thirteen year old boy who has a great interest in math and physics. I was just wondering how can i learn myself math (Trigonometry,pre-calc etc.) all the way to solving some physics problems at a certain level?

Its really good that you have interest in these subjects , first of all you must find a pretty good math teacher(personal) so you can contact him in your free time . You can learn physics if you are good in math's but understanding basic principle's and concepts play's very important role in physics . You cannot solve problem's in physics without knowledge of basic principle's. Maths cannot alone help you to learn physics. If finding a teacher becomes difficult you can always refer books if you are used to it , they are a lot of help once you are used to it.

A good start would be to ask your school's math teachers what textbooks they use for their classes and study out of those. That way your math knowledge includes the same topics that a teacher at your school would expect you to know. Plus, it makes it easier for them to answer questions on specific problems and examples.

Which books are good to read?

Viktoriooo said:
Which books are good to read?

It depends on your interest. Read encyclopedia's (for starter's) grasp as much information as you can
Buy some physics books ,if your interested in astronomy and cosmology stephen hawking brief history of time is a very good book to start with ,though it is a bit difficult to understand you will be used to it in no time.Solve maths problems and understand physics before solving them.

Related to Self-studying math to physics?

1. What are the benefits of self-studying math to physics?

Self-studying math to physics allows for a more personalized and flexible learning experience. It also promotes critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts that are essential in understanding physics.

2. How can I effectively self-study math to physics?

To effectively self-study math to physics, it is important to set clear goals and objectives, create a study plan, and consistently review and practice concepts. It is also helpful to utilize online resources, textbooks, and practice problems to enhance understanding.

3. Do I need a strong math background to self-study physics?

While having a strong math background can certainly be beneficial, it is not necessarily required to self-study physics. It may take more time and effort to understand certain concepts, but with determination and perseverance, anyone can learn and understand physics.

4. Is self-studying math to physics a viable option for preparing for exams or standardized tests?

Yes, self-studying math to physics can be an effective way to prepare for exams or standardized tests. It allows for a more personalized study approach and can help in identifying and targeting weak areas for improvement.

5. Are there any tips for staying motivated while self-studying math to physics?

Staying organized, setting achievable goals, and taking regular breaks can help maintain motivation while self-studying math to physics. It is also important to seek help or study groups if needed and to remember the end goal of gaining a deeper understanding of math and physics.