Secure Your Transformer Chamber with Automated Actions

In summary: I am not sure if it is clear enough.It might not be, but I will try to draw it out for you again.In summary, you have a transformer chamber with two doors. If either door is opened, the CFLs inside the chamber should start and the buzzer should be ON. If the door is closed, the contactor will de-energize the buzzer.
Manoj Sahu
I have a transformer chamber with 2 doors.
What I have to do-
If any of the door is opened, this should happen-
1. 2 CFL inside transformer chamber should start
2. Simultaneously, a buzzer/hooter should be ON.
3. After opening the door, I should have option to reset the hooter.

how do I do it?

Engineering news on Phys.org
You probably need to be sure your design doesn't just de-energize the buzzer -- you want to be sure it buzzes next time the door is opened.

You will want to use a relay or maybe two. A door switch should cut power to the lights, buzzer and relay when closed. When the door opens you want power to flow to the light, buzzer, and a relay contact. Use a push button switch to then cause a relay to latch on through it's own contacts. Also, this action will cut power to the buzzer. It needs to be wired so that when the door is closed again, power is cut to the relay so that it is unlatched. @gmax137 has the right idea about the buzzer needing to buzz the next time the door is opened. I will not draw a schematic for you. Have a go at it based on what I described and let's see what you come back with.

You have (probably) not fully defined the spec here.

Do you want to be able to turn on the light when both doors are closed. ( I assume yes)
Do you want the ability to turn OFF the light with one/both doors open?
Do you want the light to STAY on when both doors close. ( Probably - but then how does it get turned off)

Try to think of every scenario of entering, leaving, and working in the room.

I am thinking of using a Contactor and limit switch on both the door and power both the CFL and buzzer through it. So that when anyone of the door is opened, the contactor will close/energise and the CFL's and buzzer will ON. When the door is closed the contactor will de-energise/open turning off the CFL'S and buzzer. Will this scheme work?

And I want a reset button too so that when the door is opened I can turn off the buzzer(only) or otherwise it will continue to buzz. I am getting confused in this one... how do I do it? @Averagesupernova

Manoj Sahu said:
I am thinking of using a Contactor and limit switch on both the door and power both the CFL and buzzer through it. So that when anyone of the door is opened, the contactor will close/energise and the CFL's and buzzer will ON. When the door is closed the contactor will de-energise/open turning off the CFL'S and buzzer. Will this scheme work?

And I want a reset button too so that when the door is opened I can turn off the buzzer(only) or otherwise it will continue to buzz. I am getting confused in this one... how do I do it? @Averagesupernova
Yes, such a scheme can work. I won't speak for @Averagesupernova , but believe what he is looking for is your attempt at drawing a schematic of the required circuitry. Earlier today I began learning how to use LibreOffice Draw in the course of sketching one approach to the problem, but chose to not post it after reading his response as I'm also curious to see what you come up with.

Windadct said:
You have (probably) not fully defined the spec here.

Do you want to be able to turn on the light when both doors are closed. ( I assume yes)
Do you want the ability to turn OFF the light with one/both doors open?
Do you want the light to STAY on when both doors close. ( Probably - but then how does it get turned off)

Try to think of every scenario of entering, leaving, and working in the room.
No both the CFL should be OFF when the door is closed. Both the CFL should switch on only when anyone of the two door is opened.

Can you post a schematic of what you have come up with so far? Something scribbled out on a piece of paper would be fine. Just upload it as a photo.

Based on this simple scheme - this can be done, with a single relay with an N/O and N/C contact, as log as the door switch(s) are rated to handle the load of the light, buzzer and Relay coil. Probably is.

We could sketch it out, but what have you come up with?

There are online diagramming tools, or LTSPice for free ( Spice not needed for any simulation - it is just a free program with all of the symbols you need) - there are probably others.

I have drawn schematic but I am unable to post. It shows error "This forum has disabled media sharing" @Windadct @Averagesupernova

Manoj Sahu said:
I have drawn schematic but I am unable to post. It shows error "This forum has disabled media sharing" @Windadct @Averagesupernova
Were you attempting to use the 'media' button from the upper toolbar?
Site help indicates media sources are limited to these "approved sites: Dailymotion; Facebook; Liveleak; Metacafe; Vimeo; YouTube;". I haven't tried and verified it, but using the media button to link out to anything else could well generate a 'forum has disabled media sharing' error message.

The 'image' button can be used so long as the link is publicly accessible, but the preferred method is to "upload" the image to Physics Forum, and eliminate the possibility for the link to break if, for instance, the image hosting service ceases to exist.
PF_Upload.jpg

Attachments

• PF_Upload.jpg
    PF_Upload.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 740
Asymptotic said:
Were you attempting to use the 'media' button from the upper toolbar?
Site help indicates media sources are limited to these "approved sites: Dailymotion; Facebook; Liveleak; Metacafe; Vimeo; YouTube;". I haven't tried and verified it, but using the media button to link out to anything else could well generate a 'forum has disabled media sharing' error message.

The 'image' button can be used so long as the link is publicly accessible, but the preferred method is to "upload" the image to Physics Forum, and eliminate the possibility for the link to break if, for instance, the image hosting service ceases to exist.
View attachment 216935
I was uploading from my mobile. So it should not show such error.

Related to Secure Your Transformer Chamber with Automated Actions

1. What is a transformer chamber?

A transformer chamber is a specially designed room or enclosure that houses high-voltage electrical transformers, which are used to regulate the flow of electricity in power distribution systems.

2. Why is it important to secure a transformer chamber?

Securing a transformer chamber is important for several reasons. First, it helps prevent unauthorized access to the transformers, which can be dangerous and cause power outages. Additionally, securing the chamber can protect the transformers from vandalism, theft, and environmental damage.

3. What are some potential risks associated with an unsecured transformer chamber?

An unsecured transformer chamber can pose several risks, including electrical shock or electrocution for anyone who enters without proper authorization or knowledge. It can also lead to power outages, equipment damage, and costly repairs.

4. How can automated actions help secure a transformer chamber?

Automated actions, such as security cameras, motion sensors, and alarms, can be integrated into the transformer chamber to provide constant surveillance and detection of any unauthorized access. These actions can also trigger immediate alerts and responses, such as notifying security personnel or shutting down power in case of an emergency.

5. What are some best practices for securing a transformer chamber with automated actions?

Some best practices for securing a transformer chamber with automated actions include regularly testing and maintaining the automated systems, implementing access control measures such as key card or biometric entry, and having backup power sources in case of power outages. It is also important to have a response plan in place for different types of emergencies and to train personnel on proper procedures.