Second Opinion On Logical Puzzle Needed

• Thread starter Monster92
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, the conversation is about a logical puzzle involving five women living in different UK cities with different shoe sizes and favorite foods. The conversation includes clues and answers to the puzzle. The person seeking help is 80% sure their answers are correct and wants a second opinion. The expert confirms that the answers are consistent with the given clues.
Monster92
So I have got answers to this logical puzzle. However, I feel ill and slow. I have checked this over and over and I am 80% it is totally correct. To make sure I would like a second opinion. Do you get the same answers?

The puzzle is in quotes:

"Vera, Winifred, Xanthippe, Yvette and Zelda are all women living in different UK cities (From West to East: Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, Oxford, London). They all have different shoe sizes (4,5,6,7,8) and have favourite foods (pizza, curry, pasta, sorbet and cake). Given the following clues, can you work out where each woman lives, how what size shoe she takes and what her favourite food is?

The smallest shoe is worn by either Vera or Yvette

Xanthippe's closest Western neighbour is a pizza lover; she also has a friend to the West who takes size 7 shoes

The Bristolian likes curry while Winifred prefers a dessert.

Xanthippe lives to the East of the lady with the largest feet, but this is not Zelda or Winifred (Yvette's neighbour-but-one to the East)

Vera lives in Oxford; the Welsh lady* likes cake.

Zelda's feet are only just bigger that Yvette's but only just smaller than the lady who likes pasta"

oh and btw Cardiff is in Wales. And the order from west to east is as follows

Cardiff - Bristol - Bath - Oxford - London

here are my answers
Vera
Oxford
Pizza

Winifred
Bath
Sorbet

Xanthippe
London
Pasta

Zelida
Bristol
Curry

Yuette
Cardiff
Cake

Thank you for your time

Physics news on Phys.org
Your answer appears consistent with the clues.

lewando said:
Your answer appears consistent with the clues.

Thank you for your time. I'm very thankful

Related to Second Opinion On Logical Puzzle Needed

What is a "Second Opinion On Logical Puzzle Needed"?

A "Second Opinion On Logical Puzzle Needed" is a request for another individual's perspective or analysis on a logical puzzle. It is often sought when one is stuck or unsure about the solution to a particular puzzle.

Why would someone need a second opinion on a logical puzzle?

There are various reasons why someone may need a second opinion on a logical puzzle. Some possible reasons include being stuck on a particular step or solution, wanting to confirm one's own solution, or wanting to verify the validity of a puzzle's solution.

Who can provide a second opinion on a logical puzzle?

Anyone with knowledge and experience in logical puzzles can provide a second opinion. This can include other scientists, mathematicians, or individuals with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and critical thinking.

How can a second opinion be helpful for solving a logical puzzle?

A second opinion can offer a fresh perspective and new insights on a puzzle. It can also provide alternative approaches or solutions that one may not have considered. Additionally, a second opinion can help identify any errors or flaws in one's own thinking or solution.

Is it necessary to get a second opinion on a logical puzzle?

No, it is not always necessary to get a second opinion on a logical puzzle. Some individuals may prefer to solve puzzles on their own, while others may feel confident in their own solutions. However, seeking a second opinion can be a valuable learning experience and can lead to a deeper understanding and appreciation for logical puzzles.

Back