Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Search Option: Unread Threads

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Dear Ackbach/Jameson, :)

I was thinking whether it is possible to have a search option for unread threads (threads that we haven't visited). Currently the only way to see unread threads is to use the new posts option. But that only shows unread threads since our last visit.

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Thank you for bringing this up, Sudhakara. :) caffeinemachine has also let me know about another issue with viewing new threads so it seems that this could use some looking into as a whole. Let me see what I can find on vbulletin.org and I'll try to figure out some sort of solution for overall improving how unread threads are viewed.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
And, as I've experienced it, currently vBulletin has a bit of what I would call a bug in it: sometimes if I've done a New Posts search, and then some time later I do another one, even without marking all forums as read, I will get no new posts. It's not a big annoyance, as there are plenty of other ways to search for new threads (Today's Posts, for one, is a way around this problem.) Just a thought. If you fixed this "issue" along the way towards solving Sudharaka's problem, it might be worth looking into. On the other hand, fixing it might cause server problems - I don't know.