Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screenshots of MHB from a Public Computer

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi everyone, :)

I got my hands on a public computer at our university and logged into MHB using that. This computer has Firefox 6.0 and 1024 by 768 pixel screen resolution. I just thought of uploading a few screenshots that I took as I thought it would be useful to our admins. Especially since there appears some quirks here and there. :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2J1dQvpyUIxVHZYMnVHX2NWOEU&usp=sharing

1) The Facebook/Twitter link on the right hand side appears to go behind posts and the search pane.

2) The advertisement beneath the MHB lounge seems misaligned.

3) The thanks/share bar beneath each post seems to go out of the page.

4) Some signatures (such as Ackbach's one) goes out of the page.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Thank you for this, Sudharaka!

What happens when you change the style to "MHB for small screens"?

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Thank you for this, Sudharaka!

What happens when you change the style to "MHB for small screens"?
updated Firefox to it's most recent version, 22.0. Also I changed the style as you suggested. It seems that we can get rid of problems 3 and 4 by changing the style. However newer problems seems to appear. Let me once again give you some screenshots that I took with "MHB for Small Screens".

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2J1dQvpyUIxQ2xFa0o0V1YxQWM&usp=sharing

Notice the primary navigation links (Forums, Activity, MHB Info, POTW and For Fun). The drop down menus for the "MHB Info" tab and the "For Fun" tab seems to have disappeared.

This is quite a small issue, but notice that the Mark's awards column is misaligned.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm going to ask a vB coder/expert about this very soon. Thank you for the screenshots.