Scope of low altitude tank with high pressure simulation.

In summary, the company has developed a modification for almost all types of tanks that stores pressure and uses it to take the fluid out of the tank with pressure. This modification is extremely cheap, and can be used in city water tanks.
dE_logics
Suppose a company has developed a modification for almost all types of tanks such that when the tank is filled with an incoming fluid (which is at a certain pressure), it stores this pressure and uses it to take the fluid out of the tank with pressure, i.e even if the tank is at low altitude it will give out the fluid at a high pressure (maximum pressure will be equal to the input pressure) such that it can easily reach higher heights (or, apparently the places where the fluid needs to be supplied with pressure).

This modification will be extremely cheep (negligible consideration of price).

Another advantage can be that even if the input pressure is low, the tank can be modified (in real time) to accommodate that low pressured fluid, and after the tank has been filled, pressure in the tank can be increased manually or by a low powered motor till the desired amount to suffice requirements. The motor will be turned off after a desired pressure has been reached.

So...what will be the scope of such a modification (globally) if the company starts selling such units (or at most, some personnel will come and set it for you) to modify any given tank as stated above?

For example, water storage tanks can be put to lower altitudes or even underground, yet water will be directly send from this tank to multi-storied buildings/houses.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Liquids are not compressible, so you can't store the pressure in a rigid tank. Perhaps you could make tanks that are like balloons, but if you do something like that, you're making the pump less efficient and making it take longer to fill.

I don't really see anything useful here, but perhaps I'm missing something - could you give me a more specific scenario where it would be useful?

The efficiency and all...the procedures of how it's to be done is...aaa...not the exact question here...it's strictly the scope of such a thing.

It can be used in city water tanks...they can be made underground.

At places where water delivery is irregular, this can be useful to store water at a pressure.

These are 2.

Cities consume far too much water for it to be stored in tanks for distribution - no such thing exists. The closest parallel may be small municipal water towers. For places where water delivery is irreglar and would be stored in tanks (this is done in Mexico, it is stored in tanks on peoples' roofs), storing it on the roof provides the pressure needed to distribute it through the house.

Something cheap, that can be put on any tank, and stores pressure - well, you can use a check valve and close the vent on the tank, if it has one. Of course, you're also assuming the tanks are rated to hold pressure (ie, you wouldn't want to do this with a gas tank on a car). If you do that, you can store the air in the tank to pressurize it, but that reduces the capacity of the tank and the pressure would be variable anyway - so not terribly useful. And if you let the air out and then pressurize it with the water itself, once you let a tiny amount of water out, all of the pressure is gone.

It sounds like you don't want to tell me because you think you've invented something and want to sell it. I suspect you misunderstand the principles of hydraulics and have invented nothing. No offense, but you do that kind of thing a lot.

If I were wanting to be an inventor and were having such problems, I'd probably try to fix it by taking some physics or engineering courses in the discipline I'm trying to invent in.

Last edited:
It sounds like you don't want to tell me because you think you've invented something and want to sell it. I suspect you misunderstand the principles of hydraulics and have invented nothing. No offense, but you do that kind of thing a lot.

Well...I made a prototype.

All water consumed at near constant pressure (the weight of water makes the pressure vary by a small amount).

No defying laws this time :-p :smile:

It was really stupid of me to make the last one...I usually don't do that.

So, you mean it has a bit of scope?

One would need pressurized air (or other gas) in the tank to do this. Seems like a simple air compressor, with a hose leading into the water tank. Well, perhaps a very large air compressor, if the goal is to supply water to a tall building.

I suspect this is already done ... now that I think about it, I think my mom's house does use an air compressor to push the well water through the pipes.

dE_logics said:
Well...I made a prototype.
Well that's nice, but your description so far isn't anywhere near detailed enough to know what you've made a prototype of.

And when you say "prototype", you mean you have it installed somewhere and functioning? What is it doing (what is it installed on)?
So, you mean it has a bit of scope?
I don't know what you mean by "scope". It has no application that I can think of, but then that may just be because I don't see how it could possibly work. But that's your catch-22, not mine: in order to commercialize something, you first have to be able to explain to people what it does, how it does it and why.

There's a similar thread in another forum asking why thc patches don't exist...

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by "scope". It has no application that I can think of, but then that may just be because I don't see how it could possibly work. But that's your catch-22, not mine: in order to commercialize something, you first have to be able to explain to people what it does, how it does it and why.

The documentation.

I've applied a patent before...apparently the documentation and all is completely pending...gotta make that.

The major problem here is exactly which company should I contact?

No, it does not use compressors and all.

I am in the dark too. To me it sounds like a well tank or a hydraulic accumulator that has a charging pump attached to it. Definitely more details are needed to steal...er...I mean understand this thing.

Related to Scope of low altitude tank with high pressure simulation.

1. What is the purpose of simulating low altitude tank with high pressure?

The purpose of simulating low altitude tank with high pressure is to study the behavior and performance of tanks in low altitude environments, where the pressure is significantly higher than at higher altitudes. This is important for understanding the effects of high pressure on tank materials and systems, and for designing tanks that can withstand these conditions.

2. How is low altitude tank pressure simulated in the lab?

Low altitude tank pressure is typically simulated in the lab using specialized equipment such as pressure chambers or vacuum pumps. These devices can create a controlled environment with high pressure, allowing scientists to accurately replicate the conditions of low altitude environments.

3. What factors affect the scope of low altitude tank with high pressure simulation?

The scope of low altitude tank with high pressure simulation depends on several factors, including the type of tank being studied, the materials used, the altitude range being simulated, and the specific research goals. Other factors such as budget, time constraints, and availability of equipment may also impact the scope of the simulation.

4. What are the potential applications of low altitude tank with high pressure simulation?

Low altitude tank with high pressure simulation can have various practical applications, such as in the design and testing of aircraft fuel tanks, space exploration vehicles, and high-altitude research balloons. It can also be used for studying the effects of high pressure on materials and systems in different industries, such as oil and gas, automotive, and aerospace.

5. What are the limitations of low altitude tank with high pressure simulation?

While low altitude tank with high pressure simulation can provide valuable insights and data, it also has some limitations. These may include the cost and complexity of equipment, the difficulty in accurately replicating real-world conditions, and the potential for errors or discrepancies in the simulation results. Therefore, it is important for scientists to carefully consider these limitations and validate the simulation results through other methods.