Science Magazines - Find the Best One for You

• Thread starter Ylle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the speaker is looking for a science magazine to subscribe to that is interesting and up-to-date with current events. They prefer one that includes equations and is scientifically credible. They are seeking recommendations from others and have mentioned using a free, credible, and searchable website called ScienceDaily.
Ylle
Hello...

I didn't know which forum was the correct, so I hope it's ok to post it here.

Basically I'm looking for a magazine I can subscribe to. Recently I've had one, but it really wasn't interesting after the first few I got. Besides that it was a "normal person" magazine, which means that it wasn't very scientifically or describing, since most of its readers are people that does't know much about physics, and just wants to learn some basic things of what's going on in the world. Ok magazine, but it got really boring after a couple...

So, what good magazines, about science, is out there ? I don't mind if it have some equations of some sort in it, which the other one I had didn't have, what so ever, and then maybe a bit up to date with what's going on, instead of writing about things that happened 1-2 years ago :)

Don't know if it is possible, but I thought that some people in here might know :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Hrmm. I wish I could help you there. Have you tried a google search for Science Magazines? You should be able to see some previews of their content.

Don't bother paying, this one's free, credible, expansive, searchable, and each article I've encountered links the scientific journal that it's making claims from:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/

Related to Science Magazines - Find the Best One for You

1. What types of science magazines are available?

There are a wide variety of science magazines available, covering topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, technology, and more. Some magazines focus on general science news and discoveries, while others may specialize in a specific field or niche within science.

2. What makes a good science magazine?

A good science magazine should have accurate and up-to-date information, well-researched articles, and engaging content. It should also have a clear and easy-to-understand writing style, high-quality visuals, and a diverse range of topics to appeal to a wide audience.

3. How can I find the best science magazine for me?

The best science magazine for you will depend on your interests and preferences. You can start by researching different magazines and reading reviews from other readers. You can also try out a few different magazines to see which ones you enjoy the most.

4. Are there any free science magazines available?

Yes, there are many free science magazines available online. Some popular ones include Science Daily, Science News for Students, and Discover Magazine. Many universities and research institutions also offer free online access to their science magazines.

5. Can I submit my own work to be featured in a science magazine?

Yes, many science magazines accept submissions from freelance writers, scientists, and researchers. However, each magazine may have its own guidelines and submission process, so be sure to carefully read and follow their instructions. It may also be helpful to have prior writing experience and a strong understanding of the magazine's target audience.