Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Saving a post before posting

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Sometimes I don't want to submit my post directly , but I want save it to modify or post later , Is this feature available here ?

If, no please consider adding it . It is so helpful ...

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
Re: Saving a post before posting ...

Sometimes I don't want to submit my post directly , but I want save it to modify or post later , Is this feature available here ?

What I usually do in such cases is to memorize the post in Word format, to update it whenever I need and finally use the 'Crtl C + Crtl V' rule to transfer it to MHB. I think that the same rule taken upon MHB would sacrify a lot of resources without great avantage fror the users...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

What I usually do in such cases is to memorize the post in Word format, to update it whenever I need and finally use the 'Crtl C + Crtl V' rule to transfer it to MHB. I think that the same rule taken upon MHB would sacrify a lot of resources without great avantage fror the users...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$
This approach won't be so helpful , if you want to use another computer. Sometimes I want to access my saved work from another machine and add more modification.

Moreover copy and past caused me a lot of problems as it just ruined the code and I had to do the spacing again ...

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012

This approach won't be so helpful , if you want to use another computer. Sometimes I want to access my saved work from another machine and add more modification.

Moreover copy and past caused me a lot of problems as it just ruined the code and I had to do the spacing again ...
What I do, is switch the editor to source mode (quick button at the left top).
That is what I copy+paste to a text editor, so no formatting gets lost.

The rare times that I've continued work in another location, I have emailed it to myself.

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012

From several years USB keys are allowable and allow us to work on different conputers in comfortable way...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012

You can save your texts in a .tex file and then upload it to your storage using dropbox online. You can access your files from there directly and keep an online 'safehouse'.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012

If this implies to your notes section and you get locked out from editing after some time, you can always use a Latex editor, compile a pdf, upload it to Google Docs or Drop box, and then post the link to the full document. That is what I do. Plus, someone can just download or print the pdf then scroll page after page of posts. Also, the find search feature is more efficient in pdf over the forum in my opinion.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

If this implies to your notes section and you get locked out from editing after some time, you can always use a Latex editor, compile a pdf, upload it to Google Docs or Drop box, and then post the link to the full document. That is what I do. Plus, someone can just download or print the pdf then scroll page after page of posts. Also, the find search feature is more efficient in pdf over the forum in my opinion.
Well, that is another problem :(...

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Well, that is another problem :(...
Hi Zaid, :)

I've given you the ability to edit your own posts for as long as you want now. Can you confirm that this is working?

Jameson

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

Hi Zaid, :)

I've given you the ability to edit your own posts for as long as you want now. Can you confirm that this is working?

Jameson
Oh really , thanks. That is really working , I hugely appreciate that .