Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Save thread button.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
I have been using MHF/MHB for quite a long time now and during this period I have created an come across some threads which I would like to keep in a separate place.. in some sort of 'Important threads' section of my MHB account. I was thinking if this is possible?

It would be even better if a thread can be 'exported' to my PC, so that I can access it without even logging into MHB.

Can this happen?

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
I have been using MHF/MHB for quite a long time now and during this period I have created an come across some threads which I would like to keep in a separate place.. in some sort of 'Important threads' section of my MHB account. I was thinking if this is possible?

It would be even better if a thread can be 'exported' to my PC, so that I can access it without even logging into MHB.

Can this happen?
You can save the page to your hard drive using your browser, it should have a "save page as" option somewhere :p

A "favorite threads" option would be interesting though, of course we could use bookmarks but..

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
You can save the page to your hard drive using your browser, it should have a "save page as" option somewhere :p

A "favorite threads" option would be interesting though, of course we could use bookmarks but..
The 'save page as' button would save the only page, not the whole thread as a thread can have several pages. I think some 'save thread to PC' button, which automatically converts the thread into a PDF whose pages are just the pages of a thread, would be great.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The 'save page as' button would save the only page, not the whole thread as a thread can have several pages. I think some 'save thread to PC' button, which automatically converts the thread into a PDF whose pages are just the pages of a thread, would be great.
Hi caffeinemachine, (Wave)

Something like this would be wonderful and I wish we could offer this option, but as far as I know this isn't possible with vB. I will check the modification's site and see what I find but I'm pretty sure any sort of "favorites" mod won't be able to create PDFs on the fly.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Hi caffeinemachine, (Wave)

Something like this would be wonderful and I wish we could offer this option, but as far as I know this isn't possible with vB. I will check the modification's site and see what I find but I'm pretty sure any sort of "favorites" mod won't be able to create PDFs on the fly.
In that case may be a 'fovourite threads' button can be invented. We have 'mark this thread as solved' button, we need 'mark this thread as favourite' button. Then the link of the thread can be stored somewhere in the users account.. in the 'favourite threads' chamber.
Isn't that possible?

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
In that case may be a 'fovourite threads' button can be invented. We have 'mark this thread as solved' button, we need 'mark this thread as favourite' button. Then the link of the thread can be stored somewhere in the users account.. in the 'favourite threads' chamber.
Isn't that possible?
  1. Click "Settings" in the far upper right corner.
  2. On the left, under the box "My Subscriptions", you will see the option to "Edit Folders". Click that.
  3. Add whatever folders you want (you could have Favorite Calculus, Favorite Algebra, etc.)
  4. Click Save Changes.
  5. Navigate to your Subscriptions.
  6. Click the checkboxes on a single page corresponding to threads you would like to move to your favorites folder.
  7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll see a drop-down list box entitled "Selected Threads". Click that, and choose "Move to folder..."
  8. Click "Go".
  9. Choose the folder to which you want to move the threads.
  10. Click the Move Items button.

A bit clunky, perhaps, but it'll get the job done. One disadvantage is that the threads will no longer show up in your Subscribed Threads. However, this will matter somewhat less than it might. If you go to your Subscribed Threads folder, you can easily click on your custom folders to see any updates to those threads.