Cutest Guy/gal At Physicsforums

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, participants are asked to post pictures and give ratings on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the cutest. Some participants express concerns about the gender ratio and eligibility for judging. The conversation also includes introductions and discussions about interests, locations, and funny pictures. There is also a suggestion to have additional criteria for the judging process.
I wonder how I could message someone if they couldn't "receive" messages?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Evo
He has to go to Amsterdam occasionally on business. He's not too crazy about Amsterdam. He bought a gorgeous 100 year old house in the Black Forest in Germany near where his company is and is renovating it. He's young too.
Hmm. Yeah. Sure sounds like a 'strange Belgian' to me. BTW, Monique. What makes Belgians 'strange'? Are they an inferior species? Does this have anything to do with all of those Pollock and BELGIAN jokes I used to hear growing up in Green Bay, Wisconcin?

Hey, Evo! Skip Monique. Send this guy's address to ME! Heck. Ivan can't last all THAT long with all of his bad habits! (Just kidding, Ivan dear!):wink:

Originally posted by Evo
I wonder how I could message someone if they couldn't "receive" messages?
If by some chance you mean me, my PM box is no longer full...

- Warren

Originally posted by Evo
(private to Monique) I don't think ANY of these guys have a white horse...

Sure we do! the hores we rode in on

Originally posted by Tsunami
Hmm. Yeah. Sure sounds like a 'strange Belgian' to me. BTW, Monique. What makes Belgians 'strange'? Are they an inferior species? Does this have anything to do with all of those Pollock and BELGIAN jokes I used to hear growing up in Green Bay, Wisconcin?

Hey, Evo! Skip Monique. Send this guy's address to ME! Heck. Ivan can't last all THAT long with all of his bad habits! (Just kidding, Ivan dear!):wink:

He's not Belgian!

Tsunami, if Monique's not interested, you're next on the list. (Sorry Ivan, but Tsunami's right, she's got to think of the future) :wink:

Originally posted by Evo
He's not Belgian!

Tsunami, if Monique's not interested, you're next on the list. (Sorry Ivan, but Tsunami's right, she's got to think of the future) :wink:
Thanx, Evo! What a PAL!:wink:

I'm going to harass my sister tomorrow to get to work on scanning a picture of me.

Oh, and while I don't have a white horse, I do have a white horseless carriage... :wink:

Originally posted by Monique
Where is the prins to go with it, dduardo? :wink:
I'll have to change my sig, I am not THAT desperate to meet strange Belgians you know :wink:

Dang it! :smile:

As for me, you can take a peek at me http://dieter.srs.be/wk/albums/galabal2003/groot/064.jpg [Broken] . I'm the guy with the red tie.

This was on the annual prom the science faculty has. Imagine a gorgeous castle, sitting in a beautiful room with a fireplace, a scotch in the right hand and a sigar in the other, discussing physics, dancing, ... ah memories...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know...the picture of you forcing that weiner on that camera was a bit disturbing.

Try not to dwell on the means, instead dwell on the ends.

He's absolutely gorgeous, brilliant, wealthy, athletic (he kayaks a lot) and soooo nice!

So in other words, he's dull...

Originally posted by Dimitri Terryn

As for me, you can take a peek at me http://dieter.srs.be/wk/albums/galabal2003/groot/064.jpg [Broken] . I'm the guy with the red tie.
I've changed my opinion about Belgians, a 100 yr old house in the black forest you said Evo?

This was on the annual prom the science faculty has. Imagine a gorgeous castle, sitting in a beautiful room with a fireplace, a scotch in the right hand and a sigar in the other, discussing physics, dancing, ... ah memories...
Nice! Did you say you had a white horse? Did you just discuss dancing or are you a physics guy who can actually DO the dance!? Do you like married women?

Originally posted by Hurkyl
I'm going to harass my sister tomorrow to get to work on scanning a picture of me.

Oh, and while I don't have a white horse, I do have a white horseless carriage... :wink:
Hurry, Hurkyl! The Belgians are closing in!

Nice! Did you say you had a white horse? Did you just discuss dancing or are you a physics guy who can actually DO the dance!? Do you like married women?

I have three ponies running around in my backyard, one of which has some white. Does that count?

And yes, did dance quite a little. Many nice girls there, and there's no reason to be rude, now is there?
Married women... that would depend on the woman, now wouldn't it :wink:

We want to see a lounging Tsunami and Ivan!

I have three ponies running around in my backyard, one of which has some white. Does that count?
Good enough for me!

And yes, did dance quite a little. Many nice girls there, and there's no reason to be rude, now is there?
Absolutely not. Being rude is...well, RUDE! (*writes note to self* 'He DANCES! '
Married women... that would depend on the woman, now wouldn't it :wink:
Hmmmm... :wink:

They're all just natural human urges... why fight them? Revel in them.

- Warren

Originally posted by Monique
We want to see a lounging Tsunami and Ivan!
"Lounging"? Where? When? (more to the point...) How??

OK. Here's the plan. Monique and I are working hard on Ivan. Sometime this year (I hope) we'll be needing to plan a little "PF - The European Connection" party. EVERYONE over there must congregate in a Greek Restaurant in Amsterdam for an evening of fun, uzo, and DANCING! If I can get enough uzo into Ivan (we may have to put it in his espresso ), we might be able to get him to dance with me. Otherwise, I'll have of shot of that devil's brew myself and dance with Dimitri (OMG - I've always wanted to dance with someone named Dimitri - how decadent! - No I DON'T get out much! )

(Monique! Did you notice his picture? NO POCKET PROTECTOR!) )

Now, look! Let's get back on topic! I swear... Just WHAT do I have to do to keep you kids on topic? (What the heck thread am I in right now, anyway?) This is just getting out of hand...

Oh, nothing special, just so that we, Low Landers, can recognize you when you come for a visit :wink:

OK. Here's the plan. Monique and I are working hard on Ivan. Sometime this year (I hope) we'll be needing to plan a little "PF - The European Connection" party. EVERYONE over there must congregate in a Greek Restaurant in Amsterdam for an evening of fun, uzo, and DANCING!
Now THERE is a PLAN! The Chicago get together failed, now let's try a European one! Dimitri, you'll bring your suit, right? *men in suits.. *drools**

[ img ] tags have never been a problem for me..

http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~bryanv/bryandark.jpg [Broken]

a suit.. a white dot.. a black dot.. mysterious..

*sigh* I'm getting jealous.

More pics, more ratings! 1-10, follow the system pls!

OK. Here's the plan. Monique and I are working hard on Ivan. Sometime this year (I hope) we'll be needing to plan a little "PF - The European Connection" party. EVERYONE over there must congregate in a Greek Restaurant in Amsterdam for an evening of fun, uzo, and DANCING! If I can get enough uzo into Ivan (we may have to put it in his espresso ), we might be able to get him to dance with me. Otherwise, I'll have of shot of that devil's brew myself and dance with Dimitri (OMG - I've always wanted to dance with someone named Dimitri - how decadent! - No I DON'T get out much! )

(Monique! Did you notice his picture? NO POCKET PROTECTOR!) )

Deal. My dad actually has an appartment near Amsterdam (he works at Schiphol), so it wouldn't be hard for me to get there.
Strange how you would consider dancing with a Dimitri decadent, but then again, I have always been strongly in favour of decadence. As such, I am entirely at your service, suit included :smile:

Pocket-protector? Que?

Originally posted by Hurkyl
*sigh* I'm getting jealous.
Relax. We'll wait for you to show all these guys up. As long as we're all having good fun and there's no fat lady singing...

Deal. My dad actually has an appartment near Amsterdam (he works at Schiphol), so it wouldn't be hard for me to get there.
Strange how you would consider dancing with a Dimitri decadent, but then again, I have always been strongly in favour of decadence. As such, I am entirely at your service, suit included :smile:

Pocket-protector? Que?
Cool!
Well, let me try to explain my 'strange' ness. The name Dimitri is not real common in the States. To me it sounds foreign, exotic. And dancing is something I haven't done in years! You see, my nerd doesn't dance (unless maybe I can get enough uzo into his espresso!). So dancing with a charming young Belgian named Dimiti? -- DECADENT!
Pocket Protector - those flat plastic things nerds stick into their shirt pockets so their pens don't leak ink all over their shirts.

Let's see. I want to explore, Belgium, Lichtenstein, head over to Barcelona and then Lisbon, the Spanish Riviera... Dang. Maybe Italy and Greece will have to wait till the next trip. Shoot. Oh well... LOTS of that luscious European chocolate should help me get over that...

a suit.. a white dot.. a black dot.. mysterious..
Well, I am nothing if not mysterious...

Maybe Italy and Greece will have to wait till the next trip. Shoot.

If you're going to go to Italy or Greece, do it on a separate trip. They're both worth spending a lot of time in. I sort of went around Italy by train and boat during two and a half weeks two years ago, and it still felt rushed...

If you're going to go to Italy or Greece, do it on a separate trip. They're both worth spending a lot of time in. I sort of went around Italy by train and boat during two and a half weeks two years ago, and it still felt rushed...
Yeah, I learned on our first trip that there is just never going to be enough time on ANY trip to see all that I want to see over there. I just love the fact that the history and architecture of Europe and the Middle East goes back hundered, even thousands, of years further than anything we have here in the States. It's a semi-passion of mine.

I like it when you go and visit a national historic building in the US, that it has tube lights in it

*tapping* still waiting Hurkyl, still waiting..

*sigh* I'm going to harass my sister again tomorrow... maybe I can get her to scan 'em then.

Hurkyl, I'm coming over with a digital camera...

Ack, no, my place is a mess!

Perfect! I can take your picture AND clean your place. :)

D'oh, but I know where everything is!

Hrm, maybe it won't be so bad, can you bring Monique and Tsunami with you too?

<h2>1. Who is considered the cutest guy/gal at Physicsforums?</h2><p>The concept of "cuteness" is subjective and can vary from person to person. Therefore, it is not appropriate to label any individual as the "cutest" at Physicsforums.</p><h2>2. Are there any specific physical characteristics that make someone considered the cutest at Physicsforums?</h2><p>Again, the concept of "cuteness" is subjective and can vary from person to person. Physical characteristics do not determine someone's level of cuteness.</p><h2>3. Is it possible to determine the cutest guy/gal at Physicsforums through a scientific method?</h2><p>No, determining someone's level of cuteness is not a scientific process. It is based on personal preferences and opinions.</p><h2>4. Are there any famous or well-known individuals who are considered the cutest at Physicsforums?</h2><p>There is no definitive list of individuals who are considered the cutest at Physicsforums. It is not appropriate to label someone as the "cutest" based on their fame or popularity.</p><h2>5. Is there a competition or ranking system for the cutest guy/gal at Physicsforums?</h2><p>No, there is no competition or ranking system for cuteness at Physicsforums. It is important to respect and value individuals for their contributions and intelligence rather than their physical appearance.</p>

1. Who is considered the cutest guy/gal at Physicsforums?

The concept of "cuteness" is subjective and can vary from person to person. Therefore, it is not appropriate to label any individual as the "cutest" at Physicsforums.

2. Are there any specific physical characteristics that make someone considered the cutest at Physicsforums?

Again, the concept of "cuteness" is subjective and can vary from person to person. Physical characteristics do not determine someone's level of cuteness.

3. Is it possible to determine the cutest guy/gal at Physicsforums through a scientific method?

No, determining someone's level of cuteness is not a scientific process. It is based on personal preferences and opinions.

4. Are there any famous or well-known individuals who are considered the cutest at Physicsforums?

There is no definitive list of individuals who are considered the cutest at Physicsforums. It is not appropriate to label someone as the "cutest" based on their fame or popularity.

5. Is there a competition or ranking system for the cutest guy/gal at Physicsforums?

No, there is no competition or ranking system for cuteness at Physicsforums. It is important to respect and value individuals for their contributions and intelligence rather than their physical appearance.