Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate

In summary, the speaker is seeking clarification on the gas flow in a new well and how it can affect the injection flow rate in a closed system. They understand that the maximum amount of gas that can be taken from the production line is 0.4 MMscfd, but there are also other factors such as pressure and compressor efficiency that can affect this balance. It is important to continuously monitor and manage the gas flow to ensure the system is operating effectively.
dgd87
Hi Everyone,

I work with rotative gas lift systems, sizing the compressors (recip´s), I'm not that familiar with the oil well, though. I have a doubt regarding the gas flow going to the well. There is a new well which currently produces 0.4 MMscfd of gas and the client wants the system to be installed there, they requiere 0.7 MMscfd injection gas, I know as it is a closed system we can inject more than 0.4 MMscfd since we can "steal" some gas at the beginning and add it to the injection flowrate. I don´t understand this quite well though, I'm sort of confused with the produced gas being 0.4 Mmscfd and the injected 0.7 Mmscfd and, if the gas production is 0.4 MMscfd how much can be taken from it and added to the injection?
Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hi there,

I can offer some insight into your question about the gas flow in the new well. First of all, it's important to understand that gas flow in a closed system is a balancing act. In this case, the system is trying to maintain a certain pressure and flow rate in both the production and injection lines. So, if the production line is only capable of producing 0.4 MMscfd, then that is the maximum amount of gas that can be taken from it and added to the injection flow.

However, there are a few factors that can affect this balance. One is the pressure in the production line. If the pressure is higher than the desired level, then more gas can be taken from the production line and added to the injection flow. Another factor is the efficiency of the compressors. If they are able to compress the gas more efficiently, then more gas can be added to the injection flow.

It's also worth noting that gas production can vary over time, so the initial flow rate of 0.4 MMscfd may not always be the same. This means that the system may need to be adjusted accordingly to maintain the desired injection flow rate. Overall, it's important to carefully monitor and manage the gas flow in this closed system to ensure that it is operating efficiently and effectively.

I hope this helps clarify your confusion and good luck with your work on the rotative gas lift system!

Related to Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate

What is Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate?

Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate is a measurement of the volume of gas that is injected into a well to increase the production of oil or gas. It is an important parameter in the oil and gas industry, as it helps to optimize the production of a well and maximize its output.

How is Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate calculated?

Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate is typically calculated using a combination of pressure and temperature measurements at the surface and downhole. These measurements are used to determine the volume of gas that is injected into the well and the corresponding flow rate.

What are the factors that affect Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate?

There are several factors that can influence the Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate, including the properties of the reservoir, the type of gas used for lift, the injection pressure, and the design of the gas lift system. Other factors such as wellbore geometry, fluid properties, and production rate can also impact the flow rate.

Why is Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate important?

Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate is crucial for maintaining the production of a well. By injecting gas into the well, the pressure in the wellbore is increased, which helps to lift the fluids to the surface. This process helps to optimize the production and prolong the lifespan of the well.

How can Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate be controlled and optimized?

Rotative Gas Lift Flow Rate can be controlled and optimized through a variety of methods, including adjusting the gas injection rate, changing the gas composition, modifying the wellbore geometry, and optimizing the gas lift system design. Regular monitoring and data analysis can also help to identify any issues and improve the flow rate.