Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
probably not

did I make myself sound stupid by answering a question which was posed in a language I can't read?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally asked by climbhi

did I make myself sound stupid by answering a question which was posed in a language I can't read?

Probably not, because cest moi...coupé le fromage!

Tell me, do I smell now? (or later?)

EDIT é hee hee

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Probably not, because cest moi...coupé le fromage!

Tell me, do I smell now? (or later?)

EDIT é hee hee

Probably all your life.

Where is God?

Originally posted by Mentat
Probably all your life.

Where is God?

Hiding (?) 'in-side' of you, too!

Is Bill Gates really the guy who hands you the 'Bill' while working your 'Gates'? (Switch) is Bill Gates the one who passed the 'Bill' that costs you, at the 'Gate'? (Switch) is Bill Gates really the one who 'gated' the passage of the 'Bill'? (Switch) ...Off!?

DO ?

What would you do if what has to be done is something nobody did ever done becuase it's hard to be done but possible to be done but never been done ? do you do it or do you try not to do it , or you just don't do it ?
so , what to do ?

just do it...and shut up...

Originally posted by bogdan
just do it...and shut up...

Well, I think that the answer is "Yes", but I had been leaning towards "No actually, but, maybe, if I think about it, longer, I can come up with something else, you know, like a 'third alternative', or something like that, so hang on to it, (real tight!) and I'll get back to you, on that, "quetion", real soon, ok?

If you tell someone that you are going to "Fix there clock", do you?

Well, I think that the answer is "Yes", but I had been leaning towards "No actually, but, maybe, if I think about it, longer, I can come up with something else, you know, like a 'third alternative', or something like that, so hang on to it, (real tight!) and I'll get back to you, on that, "quetion", real soon, ok?

If you tell someone that you are going to "Fix there clock", do you?

Depends on what time it is. :wink:

But how can you know that, if there clock's not fixed yet?

Originally asked by mentat

But how can you know that, if there clock's not fixed yet?

Dial up the Sun, cause he/she/it always knows what time it really is!
(Especially those Achiever Sun's!)

What time is it then?

EDIT a / in the switch

Dial up the Sun, cause he/she/it always knows what time it really is!
(Especially those Achiever Sun's!)

What time is it then?

42:00

Why are guys so often stereotyped as the "butt-pickers", when as many females as males do this?

Mentat asked
Why are guys so often stereotyped as the "butt-pickers", when as many females as males do this?
In the great orchards of cigarette trees, the males have traditionally been the "butt-pickers", often picking 20 bushels or more of "butts" a day. But since the 1960's, the women's libers have demanded to pick butts for equal pay. The women now can pick up to 30 bushels of "butts" a day, and they get the same pay as the guys who pick 20 bushels.

Did I spell "bushels" correctly?

Originally asked by J-Man

Did I spell "bushels" correctly?

Not really, I had heard it was "El Bush"!

Is Mr. Robin Parsons...

A) A retired Janitor?

B) A retarded Janitor?

C) Both of the above?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
Is Mr. Robin Parsons...

A) A retired Janitor?

B) A retarded Janitor?

C) Both of the above?
Hmmm, well, it can't be (A) because he has feet, not tires. It can't be (B) because he was never tarded the first time. So, by the process of elimination, the answer must be (C).

If you read a "self-help" book written by somebody else, isn't it "help" instead of "self-help"?

No, because all the help, in the form of your money, goes to the author.

Is education a zero-sum game?

Originally asked by FZ+

Is education a zero-sum game?

Well yes, for 'sum', like myself, it amounts to nothing more then an "education", which you cannot use, as per the (insert politico's name...No, NOT george!) others, like that, who have a 'sum of zero' in their educations, as to ensure that in the totality of the additions of the Merits of Education, all of the exceedingly high scores, that a site like this one would generate, would be completley offset to 'sum to zero' as per the above persons name, and their contribution to the total. Thankfully, that person does NOT post here!

(HI Jean!)

If the ('Ohmbre) "Man from Nantuckett", went for "Fish in D'is Bucket", how many could/did he catch?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
If the ('Ohmbre) "Man from Nantuckett", went for "Fish in D'is Bucket", how many could/did he catch?
None, there's a hole in the Bucket dear Liza, dear Liza.

With what shall we fix it dear Henry, dear Henry?

Originally asked by J-Man

With what shall we fix it dear Henry, dear Henry?

Henrys not here, so stepping up to the plate to replace dear Henry, the l'Ohmbre from Nantuckett

"We'll fix it with glue, that's what we'll do, and when it is fixed with glue, well, then we'll fix YOU too!"

If the "Skies the limit", haven't you missed the rest of the entire Universe?

Stupid But Important Question : Why this topic died ?

because...
to be alive again

why why?

why why?

Just because..

Question: Dude, what the hell is that?

LogicalAtheist asked:
Dude, what the hell is that?
I know what the hell that is. It's a... hmmm...
What the hell is that?

well it is ... ohh i forgot

what was billgate thinking of when they finished win 95?

"I'm in the money! I'm in the money"

What is Bill Gates thinking this VERY second? List the time you're responding!

LogicalAtheist asked:
What is Bill Gates thinking this VERY second? List the time you're responding!
Do I want fries with that?
(current time is about 15:35:38 EST)

How could I possibly forget to ask a quetion?

well ... you do ... but in that position you ... so you ...and then you forget to put the question

what am i writing ?!

Originally posted by MSI

what am i writing ?!

Nothing, your typing!

If you drink alcohol that is only 7%, does that mean you only get 7% drunk?

Nothing, your typing!

If you drink alcohol that is only 7%, does that mean you only get 7% drunk?

No, if you drink enough of any kind of beer, you'll get 42% drunk and collapse.

Why do people behave differently when they are drunk?

Originally posted by Mentat

Why do people behave differently when they are drunk?

Because they experience the anti-gravitational effects of Beer, hence wandering about as if it used no energy, running off at the mouth because of the reduction in friction, falling down because of the extra strength of there beer enhanced muscles, and floating because of all of the Beer gas inside of them.

When we "Extrapolate", does that really mean we are taking an
"Extra-po(ll)-later"??

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
When we "Extrapolate", does that really mean we are taking an
"Extra-po(ll)-later"??
No, it means that the guy who used-to-be the Trapo ("Trapo" is slang for "Trapeze Artist") has not yet arrived. It always pisses off the circus manager.

Can I buy a vowel?

Origianlly asked by J-Man

Can I buy a vowel?

Well, the price of a vowel, as I am sure you well know, has recently been subjected to fluctuations in the International global monetary marketplaces, hence it's value has become an exceedingly difficult assesment due to the logistics of the finacial arrangements required for such a vast transfer of funds as to ensure that it would be much simpler if you could replace the need of the said Vowel, with a constanant, elseif Yes, $0.42 (cents) please!

When Tom (not the one in these forums) Belched, did he mean to indicate "Yes!", or "No!"??

(A clue, it was a loud and sustained Belllllllllch)

he meant snow

does the phrase "i thought i could almost think of thinking about almost thinking about having a thought"

make sense?

i have a garden then i see birds

what is this " " doing?

MSI asked:
what is this " " doing?

That's the normal reaction when one realizes that, instead of the fresh cup of coffee, he just drank his denture cleaner. Nothing to worry about.
P.S. It's usually preceded by: and soon followed by:

Is it better to have a stereo with a volume control that goes to 10, a volume control that goes to 20, or should it just have as many lights as possible?

Originally posted by J-Man
Is it better to have a stereo with a volume control that goes to 10, a volume control that goes to 20, or should it just have as many lights as possible?
My vote goes for having as many lights as possible, especially a really annoying great big bright one meant to remind the owner to TURN THAT CRAP DOWN !

Should we pity those who turn their car stereos up so loud, without wearing hearing protection, and freely pitch into buy them hearing aids at some point down the road?

BoulderHead asked:
Should we pity those who turn their car stereos up so loud, without wearing hearing protection, and freely pitch into buy them hearing aids at some point down the road?

No, we should get them missles. The kind of missles that have flames coming out of the back end with a high velocity in the direction of the loud "music", (unless it's Zeppelin of course.) Either that or we should find a way of using all that audio energy to propel our vehicles... hey, if it can make my car bounce up and down 100 feet away, it should be able to make it bounce up and down and move forward.

How many feet per beat could your vehicle go if the propelling stereo has a really good sub-woofer?

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.