Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine, plans/blueprints

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for plans or copies of the blueprints for the Rocketdyne H-1 engine used in the Saturn I/IB rocket. The second speaker questions the availability of such a valuable item, while the first speaker provides a helpful solution by mentioning that the blueprints can be found on the NASA Technical Reports Server website.
utlsa
Hello,

I am searching for plans or copies of the blueprints for the Rocketdyne H-1 engine used in the Saturn I/IB rocket, any help would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why would they have such a unique, proprietary, highly profitable item freely available? I think you are chasing ghosts.

Hi there,

I did some research and found that the blueprints for the Rocketdyne H-1 engine are actually available online. You can find them on the NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) website. Just search for "Rocketdyne H-1 engine blueprints" and you should be able to find them.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your project.

Related to Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine, plans/blueprints

1. What is the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine?

The Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine is a liquid-fuel rocket engine that was used on the Saturn I and Saturn IB rockets during the Apollo program. It was also used on the first stage of the Saturn V rocket.

2. What type of fuel does the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine use?

The Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine uses a mixture of liquid oxygen (LOX) and kerosene as fuel. This combination is known as RP-1 and is commonly used in liquid-fuel rocket engines.

3. What is the thrust and weight of the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine?

The thrust of the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine is approximately 1.5 million pounds, while its weight is around 8,000 pounds. This results in a high thrust-to-weight ratio, making it a powerful and efficient engine.

4. Are the plans/blueprints for the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine available to the public?

No, the plans/blueprints for the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine are not available to the public. They are considered proprietary information and are owned by the manufacturer, Rocketdyne.

5. Has the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine been used in any recent space missions?

No, the Rocketdyne H-1 Rocket Engine has not been used in any recent space missions. It was retired in the 1970s after the Apollo program and has since been replaced by newer, more advanced rocket engines.