Rocket Question~~Max Velocty and Ff

• Thread starter physicnoob101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rocket
In summary, the task is to find the maximum velocity and force of friction for a model rocket with a weight of 83.8 g, acceleration of 5.78 m/ss, and maximum height of 84.99 m. The equation for force of friction is Ff = μkFn and the conversion from grams to kilograms yields a normal force of 82.266 N. The question is whether the acceleration is constant or initial, as it is stated to be average from initial to maximum height.
physicnoob101

Homework Statement

ok, so i need to find max velocity and force of friction of a model rocket. The rocket weights 83.8 g, accelerates at 5.78 m/ss. Its max height is 84.99 m. please help

Homework Equations

ok for Ff = μkFn
as for Vmax i have no idea

The Attempt at a Solution

ok so i found Fn = 82.266 N because u have to convert grams to kg. Thats all i can figure out.

Physics news on Phys.org
a little confused.

is the acceleration constant?

if so then how does it have a max height if it is constantly accelerating?

or is it an initial acceleration?

the question is related to my model rocket we launched a week ago, the accceleration is average from initial to the max height. don't know if that makes sense.

Related to Rocket Question~~Max Velocty and Ff

1. What is Max Velocity and Ff in rocket science?

Max Velocity is the maximum speed that a rocket can reach during its flight. Ff, also known as the form factor, is a measure of the shape and aerodynamics of a rocket. It is used to determine the rocket's stability during flight.

2. How is Max Velocity and Ff calculated for a rocket?

Max Velocity is calculated using the rocket's thrust, mass, and drag. Ff is calculated using the rocket's length, diameter, and fin shape.

3. Why is Max Velocity important in rocket design?

Max Velocity is important in rocket design because it determines the speed at which the rocket can travel and the distance it can cover. A higher Max Velocity allows for longer flights and the potential to reach greater distances.

4. How do changes in Ff affect a rocket's flight?

Changes in Ff can greatly affect a rocket's flight. If the Ff is too low, the rocket may be unstable and veer off course. If the Ff is too high, the rocket may experience too much drag and not reach its desired Max Velocity. Finding the right balance is crucial for a successful rocket launch.

5. Can Ff be changed during a rocket's flight?

No, Ff cannot be changed during a rocket's flight. Ff is determined during the design and construction of the rocket and cannot be altered once the rocket is launched. However, it is important to carefully consider Ff during the design stage to ensure a stable and successful flight.