NASA Knows Time Travel is Fact?

In summary, according to the documentary on The Learning Channel, NASA uses satellites that are set to adjust their clocks to the fraction of a second the satellite gains by traveling around Earth at a faster speed than the Earth rotates. This is supposedly done in order to account for objects that may time travel into the future.
Niels Bohr
Hello,

I just completed viewing a documentary on The Learning Channel on time travel, and what they said greatly suprised me: satellites that NASA uses are set up so that the clock on the satellite is rewinded or set to adjust to the fraction of a second the satellite gains by traveling around Earth at a faster speed than the Earth rotates. In other words, NASA knows fast moving objects time travel into the future, so they have to adjust the clocks, or at least this is what the narrator claimed on the show I just watched today.

Regards,

Niels Bohr

Computer science news on Phys.org
Every physicist on Earth understands both special- and general-relativistic time dilation.

- Warren

Originally posted by chroot
Every physicist on Earth understands both special- and general-relativistic time dilation.

- Warren

Can you summarize the theory for me?

Thanks.

Niels Bohr

haven't you ever seen star trek? they travel faster than the speed of light, yet they don't travel in time.

Originally posted by Niels Bohr
Can you summarize the theory for me?

Thanks.

Niels Bohr
When a clock travels with a high velocity relative to you, it will appear to you to run slowly.

When a clock is higher than you in a gravitational field, it will appear to you to run slowly.

Both of these effects are necessarily considered for timing satellites like the GPS.

- Warren

Originally posted by Niels Bohr In other words, NASA knows fast moving objects time travel into the future, so they have to adjust the clocks,
I'm sure they did not say the clocks time travel to the future.
The claim made by the theories of Relativity is that the faster an object is going relative to you, the observer, the slower time passes for that faster object when you, the observer, measure it. A person on board the faster spacecraft doesn't measure his own time as passing any differently, though. To them time passes normally. Strangely, if they measure our time, our time is measured as going slower.

I don't consider this "time travel." "time travel" to me would mean making a jump to another time, skipping the time between. Otherwise, I'm sitting here now experiencing time travel.

1. How does NASA know that time travel is a fact?

NASA has not officially confirmed that time travel is a fact. There have been some theories and experiments conducted by scientists that suggest the possibility of time travel, but there is no concrete evidence to support this claim.

2. What experiments has NASA conducted regarding time travel?

NASA has conducted some experiments with atomic clocks and gravitational fields, which have shown small discrepancies in time. However, these experiments are still in the early stages and have not conclusively proven the existence of time travel.

3. Are there any real-life examples of time travel that NASA knows about?

There are some theories and speculations about certain events, such as the famous "Twin Paradox," that suggest the possibility of time travel. However, these are still just theories and have not been proven to be true.

4. Can NASA send people back in time?

As of now, there is no technology or scientific evidence that supports the ability to send people back in time. Time travel is still a theoretical concept and is not yet possible with our current technology.

5. What would be the implications if time travel is proven to be a fact?

If time travel is proven to be a fact, it would have major implications on our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It could potentially open up new possibilities for space exploration and our understanding of the past, present, and future of our world.