Right Angle Triangle, at a loss

In summary, a right angle triangle is a triangle with one angle measuring exactly 90 degrees, also known as a right triangle. The missing side lengths of a right angle triangle can be found using the Pythagorean theorem, which states that the square of the length of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. The properties of a right angle triangle include one angle measuring 90 degrees, the sum of the interior angles being 180 degrees, and the sides being proportional in a ratio of 3:4:5. A triangle can be determined as a right angle triangle if one of its angles measures exactly 90 degrees, and real-life applications of right angle triangles include construction, engineering, navigation
GroundSpider
So I have calculated Sin(70°) = Opp / 30.816, in this equation Opp = 28.95757

BUT when I do Sin(X) = 28.95757 / 30.816 I result in 1.08422336464 when converted to degrees gives me 62.12° NOT 70°

If I put Opp (a) (28.95757) and Hypotenuse of (30.816) into the following calculator it says 70° should be the resulting angle A.

Right-Angled Triangle Calculator

What am I doing wrong?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
According to W|A, we find:

\(\displaystyle \frac{180}{\pi}\arcsin\left(\frac{28.95757}{30.816}\right)\approx70.0000119479974
\)

Related to Right Angle Triangle, at a loss

1. What is a right angle triangle?

A right angle triangle is a triangle with one angle measuring exactly 90 degrees. It is also known as a right triangle.

2. How do you find the missing side lengths of a right angle triangle?

The missing side lengths of a right angle triangle can be found using the Pythagorean theorem, which states that the square of the length of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the lengths of the other two sides.

3. What are the properties of a right angle triangle?

The properties of a right angle triangle include one angle measuring 90 degrees, the sum of the interior angles being 180 degrees, and the sides being proportional in a ratio of 3:4:5.

4. How do you determine if a triangle is a right angle triangle?

A triangle can be determined as a right angle triangle if one of its angles measures exactly 90 degrees. This can be done using a protractor or by comparing the side lengths using the Pythagorean theorem.

5. What are some real-life applications of right angle triangles?

Right angle triangles are commonly used in construction and engineering, as they can help determine the measurements and angles needed for building structures. They are also used in navigation and map-making, as well as in trigonometry for solving various mathematical problems.