How to solve this mathematic?

• Thread starter rumaithya
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematic
In summary, the conversation discusses how to solve a mathematical equation with two variables. The suggested approach is to simplify each layer of complexity step by step until the solution is reached. However, more information is needed to determine the value of x.
rumaithya
How to solve this mathematic??

Hello,

Can anyone help me how to solve this? I wat to solve for X
0.0032 = (x/100 * 0.0556) + (y/100 * 0.0153)

Should I do it like this?
0.0032 = (x/100 * 0.0556) + (100-x/100 * 0.0153)

... And how to solve it [?]

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Edit: I assumed you were using standard notation, i.e. your equation was:

[tex].0032 = \frac{.0556x}{100} + \frac{.0153y}{100}[/tex]

Subtract .0153y/100 from both sides. Multiply both sides by 100. Divide both sides by .0556.

Notice how each layer of complexity is just kind of peeled away one at a time. Just break it down into little steps and you should find it's easier.

cookiemonster

Thanks you for replay

At the end I got this:-

0.0576 - 0.275 y = x

What do to next to get the number of "X" ??

I'm still at the same problem :\

Could you give me the answer of "x" and how did you get it, please?

Thanks

You need more information (such as another equation) to be able to uniquely determine x. Of course, if you're interested in /a/ value of x, you could just set y = 1 (or something else) and evaluate the expression...

1. How do I approach solving a mathematical problem?

To solve a mathematical problem, you should start by reading and understanding the problem carefully. Then, identify what information is given and what is being asked for. Next, try to come up with a plan or strategy for solving the problem, which may involve breaking it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Finally, use your math skills and knowledge to solve the problem step by step.

2. What should I do if I get stuck while solving a problem?

If you get stuck while solving a problem, take a step back and review your approach. Check your work for any errors or mistakes, and see if there are any alternative methods you can try. If you're still having trouble, don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher, tutor, or classmate.

3. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in math?

The best way to improve your problem-solving skills in math is to practice regularly. Try solving a variety of problems, including ones that challenge you and require you to think creatively. Additionally, make sure you have a strong understanding of the math concepts and techniques you are using, and seek out resources like textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems to help you build your skills.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving a math problem?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving a math problem include misreading or misinterpreting the problem, using the wrong formula or equation, making calculation errors, and not checking your work for accuracy. It's also important to be aware of any potential pitfalls or possible misconceptions related to the specific math topic you are working on.

5. Is there a specific order I should follow when solving a problem?

While there is no one right way to solve a math problem, there are some general steps you can follow to help you approach a problem systematically. These steps include understanding the problem, identifying what is given and what is being asked for, devising a plan or strategy, solving the problem, and checking your work. However, it's also important to be flexible and adapt your approach as needed depending on the problem at hand.