Replying with a quote with a quote

• Thread starter Dissident Dan
  • Start date
In summary, nested quotes can still be used in PF 2 by manually adding <quote> tags and removing the top tag of the second quote. This may require some extra effort, but it can also be seen as a way to burn calories while typing.
Dissident Dan
I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?

You Can , Just Forget About The Quote Button At The Top , And Wrote The Quote Tags By Yourself .
Use [] Instead Of <>

<quote>
What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?</quote>

<quote>I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.</quote>

Actually, to make them nested, you need another <quote> tag at the top, and get rid of the tag at the top of the second quote, as follows:

<quote>
<quote>
What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?</quote>

I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.</quote>

So no more being lazy for me.. bugger!

hey it will burn calories! well that's what the people on channel 10 say anyways...

1. What is the purpose of replying with a quote with a quote?

The purpose of replying with a quote with a quote is to add additional context or perspective to your reply by using someone else's words. This can also serve as a way to support or counter the initial quote that was given.

2. How is replying with a quote with a quote different from simply quoting someone else?

Replying with a quote with a quote is different from simply quoting someone else because it adds an extra layer of depth and interpretation to the conversation. By using a quote within a quote, you are not only sharing someone else's words, but also adding your own thoughts and analysis.

3. Can I use a quote by someone famous or well-known when replying with a quote with a quote?

Yes, you can use a quote by someone famous or well-known when replying with a quote with a quote. However, it is important to properly cite the source of the quote and ensure that it is relevant to the conversation and adds value to your reply.

4. Is it necessary to include a quote when replying with a quote with a quote?

No, it is not necessary to include a quote when replying with a quote with a quote. This technique is simply a way to enhance your reply and add more depth to the conversation. It can be used when appropriate and relevant, but it is not a requirement for every reply.

5. How should I format a reply with a quote with a quote?

There is no specific format for replying with a quote with a quote, but it is important to make it clear to the reader that you are quoting someone else's words. This can be done by using quotation marks, indenting the quote, or using a different font or formatting. It is also important to properly cite the source of the quote and include any necessary attribution.