Actual Author of Shakespeare's Works

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Works
In summary, the author of Shakespeare's works is unknown, and there are many claims as to who should be the real author. This issue has a long and varied history with many a claims as there are skeptics and believers. I think it would be interesting to explore the claims further, and I would recommend visiting www.sirbacon.org for more information.
Thank you for that.
I stumbled upon this thread by serendipity and I am trying to get my mind wrapped around this issue: If it were dangerous to use his real name, then would not using Will Shakper's name place him in jeopardy, as well? Why use the name William Shakespeare and not John Doe or Jane Smith? Was it just a coincidence that there was an actor named William Shakespeare or did the two have some sort of (financial) arrangement?

Physics news on Phys.org
FrancisWilliamShakes said:
Thank you for that.
I stumbled upon this thread by serendipity and I am trying to get my mind wrapped around this issue:
There is no issue. William Shakespeare wrote the works of William Shakespeare. This Francis Bacon thing is a tedious excercize in confirmation bias. Francis Bacon says so:

confirmation bias
Address:http://skepdic.com/confirmbias.html

What's your thing? Actor or playwrite?

Last edited:
New evidence

Here is some new evidence. I went to the library to get a copy of Hamlet. This is what was on the title page:

------------------------------
The Tragedy of
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

by William Shakespeare
------------------------------

Pretty much lays this one to rest.

You would probably be interested in a bridge I have for sale - right next to some very picturesque swampland.

The small number of correspondences between the language
of Bacon and the language of Shakespeare are due to the influence
of Shakespeare on Bacon's translators, as Bacon wrote most of
his work in Latin. Shakespeare was Shakespeare, not Bacon, Marlowe,
Rasputin...

Jim

The Droeshout portrait is not unusual at all!
http://hometown.aol.com/kqknave/shakenbake.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's aliiive!

Chi Meson said:
It's aliiive!

Indeed. And here's a few immortal words about death. And life:

"And nothing can we call our own but death
And that small model of the barren earth
Which serves as paste and cover to our bones.
For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground
And tell sad stories of the death of kings"

actually i wrote several of them myself.

much ado about something, loves labors temporarily mislaid, a midsummers night senior moment, and hambone - prince of west tennessee.

then this low life actor revised them, improving them only slightly and takes ALL the credit.

Last edited:
mathwonk said:
actually i wrote several of them myself.

much ado about something, loves labors temporarily mislaid, a midsummers night senior moment, and hambone - prince of west tennessee.

then this low life actor revised them, improving them only slightly and takes ALL the credit.

Your versions are a lot better than his.:approve:

I wrote West Side story, but Shakespeare so ripped it off:mad: :smile:

Some facts about the so-called authorship question

It's bogus, no more credible to Shakespeareans than flat-earthism is to physicists. Try this: http://scrolling.blogs.com/drmetablog/2007/03/authorship.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread that wouldn't die!

It's a living dead thread!

<h2>1. Who is the actual author of Shakespeare's works?</h2><p>The actual author of Shakespeare's works is widely believed to be William Shakespeare, a playwright and poet from Stratford-upon-Avon, England. However, there have been many theories and debates about the true authorship of his plays and poems.</p><h2>2. What evidence supports William Shakespeare as the true author?</h2><p>There is strong historical evidence that links William Shakespeare to the authorship of his works. This includes official records of his life, such as his baptism and marriage certificates, as well as contemporary accounts from his colleagues and competitors in the theater industry.</p><h2>3. What are some alternative theories about the authorship of Shakespeare's works?</h2><p>Some alternative theories suggest that other individuals, such as Francis Bacon, Christopher Marlowe, or Edward de Vere, may have been the true authors of Shakespeare's works. These theories are often based on perceived inconsistencies or gaps in Shakespeare's life or education.</p><h2>4. Why is there still debate about the authorship of Shakespeare's works?</h2><p>The debate about the authorship of Shakespeare's works continues because there is no definitive proof or conclusive evidence that can definitively prove or disprove any alternative theories. Additionally, the mystery and intrigue surrounding the topic has led to a continued interest and fascination with the question.</p><h2>5. How does the authorship of Shakespeare's works affect their significance and impact?</h2><p>The authorship of Shakespeare's works does not diminish their significance and impact on literature and culture. The plays and poems are still widely studied and performed, and their themes and characters continue to resonate with audiences around the world, regardless of who may have written them.</p>

1. Who is the actual author of Shakespeare's works?

The actual author of Shakespeare's works is widely believed to be William Shakespeare, a playwright and poet from Stratford-upon-Avon, England. However, there have been many theories and debates about the true authorship of his plays and poems.

2. What evidence supports William Shakespeare as the true author?

There is strong historical evidence that links William Shakespeare to the authorship of his works. This includes official records of his life, such as his baptism and marriage certificates, as well as contemporary accounts from his colleagues and competitors in the theater industry.

3. What are some alternative theories about the authorship of Shakespeare's works?

Some alternative theories suggest that other individuals, such as Francis Bacon, Christopher Marlowe, or Edward de Vere, may have been the true authors of Shakespeare's works. These theories are often based on perceived inconsistencies or gaps in Shakespeare's life or education.

4. Why is there still debate about the authorship of Shakespeare's works?

The debate about the authorship of Shakespeare's works continues because there is no definitive proof or conclusive evidence that can definitively prove or disprove any alternative theories. Additionally, the mystery and intrigue surrounding the topic has led to a continued interest and fascination with the question.

5. How does the authorship of Shakespeare's works affect their significance and impact?

The authorship of Shakespeare's works does not diminish their significance and impact on literature and culture. The plays and poems are still widely studied and performed, and their themes and characters continue to resonate with audiences around the world, regardless of who may have written them.