Greetings brane-collision heralded by intense gravity waves?

In summary, the author is asking if two branes coming into contact will cause a lot of localised gravity waves.
setAI
I'm not a physicist but when I was a kid I started out college as a physics major and am familiar with most of the undergrad level maths- from what little I can glean from the math in some of these brane-collision models is that there would be a great deal of amplified localised gravity waves as two branes approached one another- could this give you a warning? perhaps long enough to encode yourself/society as a gravity signal and escape from the colliding branes?

of course if you can't do that- then it might be better if there was no warning :frown:

BTW- hello I'm new! (^_^)- I'm not a physicist- I'm a computermusic composer and incorporate some AI/AL/cog sci research into my art- [physics was my first declared major-I was going to go into cosmology but this was the late 80's and my love of the human brain and AI [and sythesizers] won me over so I ended up swept up into the great attractor that was the Santa Fe Inst in the early 90's- when the party was over I settled down into life as a self-styled crackpot/ chaos-shaman/ artist/ polymath/nutter [with a day-job]- thanks to excessive research into psychotropics and too much free time/money (as most of my collegues at SFI did- I think) ]

/:set\AI transmedia laboratories

http://setai-transmedia.com [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
setAI said:
I'm not a physicist but when I was a kid I started out college as a physics major and am familiar with most of the undergrad level maths- from what little I can glean from the math in some of these brane-collision models is that there would be a great deal of amplified localised gravity waves as two branes approached one another- could this give you a warning? perhaps long enough to encode yourself/society as a gravity signal and escape from the colliding branes?

of course if you can't do that- then it might be better if there was no warning :frown:

BTW- hello I'm new! (^_^)- I'm not a physicist- I'm a computermusic composer and incorporate some AI/AL/cog sci research into my art- [physics was my first declared major-I was going to go into cosmology but this was the late 80's and my love of the human brain and AI [and sythesizers] won me over so I ended up swept up into the great attractor that was the Santa Fe Inst in the early 90's- when the party was over I settled down into life as a self-styled crackpot/ chaos-shaman/ artist/ polymath/nutter [with a day-job]- thanks to excessive research into psychotropics and too much free time/money (as most of my collegues at SFI did- I think) ]

Okay, I'll bite. Let's see if you can create the harmonic notes of the universe in such actions and with this, paint a picture of what is happening visually.

At the beginning of the 1990's, cosmology was already in ferment, with the various cosmological measurements that were accumulating seeming to present contradictory pictures of the universe. To discuss this situation, it is convenient to present the energy density of the species j as Omega(j), the ratio of the observed energy density to the total energy density in an expanding but spatially flat universe. If the sum of these components, which I will call Omega, is less than 1, the universe bends outward as a hyperbolic surface; the the sum is greater than one, the spatial section of the universe is a sphere. Thus, Omega = 1 is often described as "the energy needed to close the universe".

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/library/topcites/2003/review.shtml

But really, if we wanted to understand this early uiverse how the heck can we paint so it is understood that the symmmetry was united at some stage ?of the existence, lead to the formation of solid things?

So in numerically relativity, we can understand some of these processes, might also reveal aspects of the dynamics that require the inspiration of creativness at hand. Ingenuity in developing a new math to describe the wondrous events http://wc0.worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@10.H7utb1vc5ig.0@.1dde4004/15 [Broken] in the cosmos.

What isBrane world?

So given this ability to empty the vacuum what remains? How soft the "notes," that we recognize in uncertainty that there is always something remaining? The harmonic oscillator recognizes this. So the basis then of this wondrous universe reveals not only the early uiverse but also the language of the universe as it exists today. We are looking for this consistancy.

w = kcs.

I was looking for latex symbols but seemed to have lost them.

setAI said:
I'm not a physicist but when I was a kid I started out college as a physics major and am familiar with most of the undergrad level maths...I'm a computermusic composer and incorporate some AI/AL/cog sci research into my art...

Hi Lee Smolin,

Would you mind explaining why you posted this?

The Branes Had to Lead Somewhere:)

Klein`s Ordering of the Geometries

"A theorem which is valid for a geometry in this sequence is
automatically valid for the ones that follow. The theorems of
projective geometry are automatically valid theorems of Euclidean
geometry. We say that topological geometry is more abstract than
projective geometry which is turn is more abstract than Euclidean
geometry."

Ow, my Brane hurts

setAI said:
from what little I can glean from the math in some of these brane-collision models is that there would be a great deal of amplified localised gravity waves as two branes approached one another-

[URL]http://setai-transmedia.com
[/url]

Question?,when they are approaching there is no signal?..when in contact/collision there is a signal?

The structure of Branes are not localized, but only during collisions is there a GW signal, there are a plethera of paramiters in which the signal propergates, for instance if our Galaxy evolved from colliding branes then the signals of any GWs are long gone, diffused along the Brane itself, like a tuning fork used for pitch, only AFTER striking the fork does the pich reveal itself, but unless you are in close proximity to the fork, you would not have any audio confirmation, we cannot hear the Sounds from a tuning fork in which Mozart used, because of the many other musicians that have since tuned their instruments!

The moment of GW signals is lost/damped?.. to the surrounding Space, the more empty this space, the better chance of a signal , and thus the more probable that a Galaxy will appear :wink:

jeff said:
Hi Lee Smolin,

Would you mind explaining why you posted this?

Why do you think he's Lee Smolin?

jcsd said:
Why do you think he's Lee Smolin?

Because he signed off as Lee Smolin in the "Research demographics again" thread. Strange.

jeff said:
Because he signed off as Lee Smolin in the "Research demographics again" thread. Strange.

Jeff I think you are mistaken, here is the name of the author from the site linked in one post:articles/essays by t/grösse:

I think he Copy/Pasted from a Smolin Article, and the name Lee Smolin was left at the bottom?

Olias said:
Jeff I think you are mistaken, here is the name of the author from the site linked in one post:articles/essays by t/grösse:

I think he Copy/Pasted from a Smolin Article, and the name Lee Smolin was left at the bottom?

lol! I'm not Lee Smolin- :rofl:

setAI said:
lol! I'm not Lee Smolin- :rofl:

You look like him though :biggrin:

Olias said:

I think you're right. Sorry about that. :redface:

1. What exactly is a brane-collision?

A brane-collision refers to a theoretical event in which two or more branes (higher-dimensional objects) collide with each other, potentially creating a new universe or causing disruptions in our current universe.

2. How are intense gravity waves involved in this phenomenon?

Intense gravity waves are thought to be produced by the collision of branes, as the merging of these objects would result in a massive release of energy. These gravity waves may also be responsible for the creation of new universes or the disruption of our own.

3. What evidence do we have for these brane-collisions?

While there is currently no direct evidence for brane-collisions, some theories, such as string theory, suggest the existence of higher-dimensional objects and the possibility of their collision. Scientists are also studying the cosmic microwave background radiation for any potential signals of past brane-collisions.

4. Are brane-collisions dangerous for our universe?

It is currently unknown whether brane-collisions pose any danger to our universe. Some theories suggest that these collisions may result in the creation of new universes, while others propose that they could cause disruptions or even the destruction of our own universe. However, until further research is conducted, we cannot determine the potential risks of brane-collisions.

5. Can we artificially create a brane-collision?

At this point in time, we do not have the technology or understanding to artificially create a brane-collision. The energy required for such an event would be immense and beyond our current capabilities. However, with further advancements in science and technology, it may be possible in the future.