Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Resource icon

Restrict Posting By Forum 1.9.6

No permission to download
  • Admin

MarkFL

Pessimist Singularitarian
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
St. Augustine, FL.
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Restrict Posting By Forum - Allows you to select forums in which posting is restricted to a maximum number of posts.

Overview:

This product allows you to select forums in which posting is restricted to a maximum number of posts, which you decide. Restrictions can be for all new posts including new threads, or new posts excluding new threads, or to posting within the threads of others only or posting new threads only. You may exclude selected usergroups from the restriction. Users who attempt to circumvent the product by manually entering URLs in their browsers will be shown the no...
Read more about this resource...

venom

Oct 17, 2017
very nice share but 1 thing when i import and then i click install after i see some errors but Mod is working fine so question is why i see errors in installing, sorry i cant take screenshot.
1 more thing can you add popup box in limit post i mean if i set 5 reply and someone made 5 reply after he open the 6th thread and enter the words in quickreply and then he clicked Post reply after he see a popup box example:
(you cant make more post so you need to wait 24 hours then you can make another 5 post after 24 hours)

thank you

• Admin

MarkFL

Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
St. Augustine, FL.
Hello, and welcome to MHB! (Wave)

Regarding the errors on install, what version of vB are you running? I've never had anyone report any such errors so I am curious...

venom

Oct 17, 2017
I have 4.2.0

• Admin

MarkFL

Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
St. Augustine, FL.
What other third party products do you have installed on your site?

venom

Oct 17, 2017
I have these products some are on and some are off

Can you add more thing i mean if some one see the error popup message after below or next line can i add some words manually with css ?

• Admin

MarkFL

Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
St. Augustine, FL.
I'd like to get to the bottom of the errors you got on installation first. I just uninstalled it and installed it again on my local dev site, and there were no errors reported. The two products you have downloaded here and reported errors on install, are these the only two products that have ever thrown such errors?

On another note, version 4.2.0 of vB is very old, and I would highly recommend you upgrade to vB 4.2.5. :)