AP Physics Exam Results: How Did You Do?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of AP exams, specifically the Physics C and B exams. The participants discuss their performance on the exams and the benefits of taking AP courses. They also mention the possibility of taking AP exams after high school and suggest resources for self-studying.
Ebolamonk3y
How did everyone do? :)

Physics news on Phys.org
absolutly horrible! i wouldn't be surprised if i got a two. i swear to god that e&m free response killllled me. or, i just don't know physics, which i think was the real problem :biggrin:

Tell which exam you took and how you did... I took C... EM was easier than mechanics for me...

What is AP? A kind of exam you do to be able to go to the university? I'm feeling curious :)

A test that looks like this... pdfs, so have Adobe

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/physics_c/samp.html

And a noncalc base more comprehensive exam with this one

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/physics_b/samp.html

Take it and see how you do! :)

Its a exam for students to see how they do by their standards and graded on a scale of 1-5 for the overall grade with 5 being the highest. With sufficient score, a 4 or 5(accepted almost everywhere), you can bypass the intro to ______ classes at university and go into the better stuff...

AP Physics is definitely an excellent course to take for a an aspiring scientist or engineer--- alas my school never offered it, partly because it's difficult to find people who will teach at a high school but also know quite a lot about the subject.

Can you take an AP exam after you have left high school? I sure would like to get my foreign language credit out of the way - but I don't know if AP is an option for us old folks!

You can if you are still enrolled in college or even beyond college. Requirement for AP exam is you pay $80 or so, do whatever you want for a year, and take a exam... There is a checkbox for grade 12 and beyond on the grade thing for the scantron so I guess you can take it in college if you dun want to pay crap loads of $$$ for some intro to Chemistry or something like that...

Thanks, EM. I appreciate the info and I am going to look into that!

There was this really funny SAT prank that one adult did... He did it the smite the test and Collegeboard itself... He strived to get the lowest score possible on the SAT and failed because he random guessed a grid in correct by spelling his name using numbers! What luck! Anyways... You can always do APs alone but you might not be as prepared as those who work in groups or have constant discussion about the topics which they are studying in... For Physics/math, of course, you haave here so that's no biggy but for foreign language... Try Pimsleur. :)

1. How is the AP Physics exam scored?

The AP Physics exam is scored on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest score. The multiple-choice section accounts for 50% of the total score, while the free-response section accounts for the remaining 50%.

2. What score do I need to pass the AP Physics exam?

There is no passing score for the AP Physics exam. However, most colleges and universities consider a score of 3 or higher to be a passing score and may grant college credit for it.

3. How do I interpret my AP Physics exam results?

Your AP Physics exam results will include a score report that breaks down your performance on each section of the exam. It will also include a score range for each section, indicating the range of scores typically earned by students who receive a certain score on the exam.

4. Can I retake the AP Physics exam if I am not satisfied with my results?

Yes, you can retake the AP Physics exam if you are not satisfied with your results. However, keep in mind that each exam has a fee, and you will need to register for the exam again. Additionally, some colleges and universities may only accept your first exam score, so it is important to check with your desired institution before retaking the exam.

5. How do AP Physics exam results impact college admissions?

AP Physics exam results can have a significant impact on college admissions. A high score can demonstrate your proficiency in the subject and may help you stand out among other applicants. Additionally, receiving college credit through your AP exam scores can also save you time and money on college courses.