US Awards $8m Contract to Manage Iraqi Port Umm Qasr

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary: Chinese embassy in Belgrade. So, knock it off with the BS propaganda. I think it's obvious who is actually targeting civilians. The US goes to great lengths to avoid it. The only people who don't know this are those who are purposely trying to avoid knowing it.In summary, the United States has awarded a $US4.8 million contract to manage the Iraqi port of Umm Qasr to Seattle-based company Stevedoring Services of America. This is the second contract awarded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) for post-war reconstruction efforts in Iraq. The contract includes responsibilities such as port operations, ensuring the smooth delivery of humanitarian and reconstruction materials, and providing technical
You got me!

I'm smitten, what can I say!

Physics news on Phys.org
A little humor to break the tension...now let's get back to arguing!

Alias

I apologise for calling you a moron. A more accurate and polite term would have been "blind patriot".

Originally posted by Adam
I apologise for calling you a moron. A more accurate and polite term would have been "blind patriot".

"strident" might be better than "blind"...he means well, but I think his enthusiasm takes away perspective. I happen tothink all politics is mostly lies, personally. Follow the money...

Quite often it is 'all about money', but I'm not so sure that's completely amoral. 10,000 years ago we might have said, "Yeah, it's all about food."

On the other hand, how can we claim to know facts or motivations about anything, when there is so much money involved?