Requesting relationships to know for success in Physics

In summary: For a college degree (bachelor's), I'd say you'll need to know:Algebra, including exponential and logarithmic functionsGeometryTrigonometryLinear algebraCalculus: Differential, Integral, Multivariable, Differential Equations
P91
From mathematical concepts (eg trig) to the basic physical ones. Which should I know and understand?

Physics news on Phys.org
P91 said:
From mathematical concepts (eg trig) to the basic physical ones. Which should I know and understand?

For grade 12?

Just know how to find a slop of a graph, secant and tangent lines.

Trig will help you a lot. Be sure to know the cos= adj/hyp etc. cosine law and sine law.

Pretty much it. The rest is addition and subtraction and theory.

brno17 said:
For grade 12?

Just know how to find a slop of a graph, secant and tangent lines.

Trig will help you a lot. Be sure to know the cos= adj/hyp etc. cosine law and sine law.

Pretty much it. The rest is addition and subtraction and theory.

For degree level.

Most important, you should understand each concept that is presented in Physics. Math is a tool used to teach the Sciences. But some professors will test you on your ability to understand what you have learned. For example: One of my Professors posed the following problem.

"We know that an ice bath (mixture of ice and water) stays at 32 degrees until either all the ice melts or all the water freezes. If a pond has a two inch sheet on ice on it's surface, what is the temperature below the ice?"

The important point to remember is that the ice bath theory holds true if the container holds pure water and pure ice. The pond does not hold pure water nor pure ice!

P91 said:
For a college degree (bachelor's), I'd say you'll need to know:
Algebra, including exponential and logarithmic functions
Geometry
Trigonometry
Linear algebra
Calculus: Differential, Integral, Multivariable, Differential Equations
In brief, you should know up through 2nd year calculus.

Related to Requesting relationships to know for success in Physics

1. What is the importance of having strong relationships in the field of Physics?

Building relationships with other scientists and researchers in the field of Physics is crucial for success. Collaboration and communication with peers can lead to new discoveries, sharing of knowledge and resources, and support in navigating the complexities of the field.

2. How can I request relationships with other scientists in Physics?

The best way to request relationships with other scientists in Physics is to attend conferences, seminars, and other events in the field. These events provide opportunities to meet and network with other scientists. You can also reach out through professional networking platforms, such as LinkedIn, or through email introductions from mutual connections.

3. What should I do to maintain a good relationship with my colleagues in Physics?

To maintain a good relationship with your colleagues in Physics, it is important to communicate regularly, share your research and findings, and support each other's work. Collaborating on projects and offering assistance when needed are also great ways to strengthen relationships.

4. Are there any specific tips for building relationships with mentors in Physics?

Building relationships with mentors in Physics is essential for career growth and development. Some tips for building strong relationships with mentors include being proactive in seeking their advice and guidance, showing gratitude for their support, and being open to constructive criticism.

5. How can relationships with industry professionals benefit my career in Physics?

Developing relationships with industry professionals in Physics can provide valuable insights into the practical applications of research and potential job opportunities. These relationships can also lead to collaborations and partnerships between academia and industry, which can further enhance your career prospects in the field.