Request to Delete a Thread - Physics Forums

• Thread starter sourlemon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a member requesting for a thread to be deleted as it is a duplication of another thread in the general forum. They ask if there is a specific place to make this request and are advised to use the "REPORT POST" button.
sourlemon
Is there a place where I can request a thread to be deleted? I searched on the FAQ and Guideline, but I didn't see anything.

Anyway, can I request to get this thread deleted as it's a duplication of another thread in the general forum. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=476221

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thread just closed for now, perhaps some other Mentor will decide to delete it. Feel free to repost the picture in the real food thread.

sourlemon said:
Is there a place where I can request a thread to be deleted? I searched on the FAQ and Guideline, but I didn't see anything.

Anyway, can I request to get this thread deleted as it's a duplication of another thread in the general forum. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=476221

Thank you!

Use the REPORT POST button. Ignore the "connotation" associated with it. Any post that a member thinks needs the attention of the Mentors should be reported using that function.

Zz.

Related to Request to Delete a Thread - Physics Forums

What is a "Request to Delete a Thread"?

A request to delete a thread is a formal request made by a user to have a thread on Physics Forums removed or deleted. Threads can contain discussions, questions, or information that a user may no longer want to be publically available.

Why would someone want to delete a thread?

There can be several reasons why someone may want to delete a thread on Physics Forums. Some possible reasons may include changing their mind about the topic, wanting to remove personal information, or realizing that the information shared was incorrect or inaccurate.

How can I request a thread to be deleted?

To request a thread to be deleted, you can reach out to the moderators or administrators of Physics Forums through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the webpage. You can also flag the thread and provide a reason for the deletion request.

Is it guaranteed that my request to delete a thread will be approved?

No, it is not guaranteed that your request to delete a thread will be approved. The moderators and administrators will review the request and make a decision based on the forum's policies and guidelines. If the request is not approved, they may provide an explanation for their decision.

What happens after a thread is deleted?

After a thread is deleted, it will no longer be visible on Physics Forums. However, it is important to note that the thread may still exist in the website's backups and may be accessible to moderators or administrators. Additionally, if the thread has been quoted or referenced in other discussions, those references may still be visible.