How to use a 555 timer for battery pulsing?

• Thread starter david90
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the 555 timer can be used to create a circuit that outputs "high" for 10 when a momentary switch is pressed and released.
david90
Can 555 timer be use to make a circuit that outputs "high" for 10 when a momentary switch is pressed and released? How?

Is there an easy 555 timer tutorial?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, use the 555 timer in a monostable configuration.

All ICs have "tutorials" called datasheets. Here's one from Fairchild that should contain all the info you need:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM%2FLM555.pdf

- Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
Data Sheets

Chroot,

If I'm remembering correctly, once you said you worked for National Semiconductor? Anyway, after reading your post, I went over to my reference book shelf and pulled out an old National data sheet with lots of applications when they first introduced the LM324 quad op amp. I used that little booklet many, many times while designing analog circuits back in those days.

I don't think semiconductor manufactures hand out data/application books for free like they use to.

Have you every used these op amps before?

Regards

I don't think semiconductor manufactures hand out data/application books for free like they use to.

Sure they do. To get the books just call a company rep. I've gotten the manuals for the 12 and 16 series PICs from microchip as well as many pubs from vishay, fairchild, dallas(maxim), Atmel... Also just go to the corporate web sites and you'll find all of the data sheets in PDF format. I've not encountered an electronic component that I couldn't get a detailed data sheet for. Most manufactures offer slim data sheets for indiviadual components and much more detailed data sheets for families of components. If you call a rep they will encourage you to download the PDF's because there are times when the electronic file is more up-to-date then what the rep will have on hand but if you ask they will usually send you what they have.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a "High" 10s circuit?

A "High" 10s circuit is a type of electrical circuit that consists of 10 components connected in a series. It is called "high" because it can handle higher amounts of current and voltage compared to other types of circuits.

What are the benefits of using a "High" 10s circuit?

One of the main benefits of using a "High" 10s circuit is its ability to handle high amounts of current and voltage, making it suitable for use in high-power applications. It also offers better stability and reliability compared to other types of circuits.

What components are typically used in a "High" 10s circuit?

The components used in a "High" 10s circuit can vary, but they typically include resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors. These components work together to regulate the flow of current and voltage in the circuit.

How do you make a "High" 10s circuit?

To make a "High" 10s circuit, you will need to gather the necessary components and connect them in a series using wires or a circuit board. It is important to follow proper circuit design principles and use appropriate tools to ensure the circuit is safe and functional.

What are some common applications of a "High" 10s circuit?

"High" 10s circuits are commonly used in power supplies, motor control systems, audio amplifiers, and other high-power electronic devices. They are also used in industrial and automotive applications, where high levels of current and voltage are required.