Designs & Supplies for a Small EMP Emitter Project

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation that can disrupt or damage electronic devices. There are various reasons someone might want to build a small EMP emitter, and the supplies needed for such a project typically include a high voltage power source, capacitor bank, spark gap, and antenna. The cost of building a small EMP emitter can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, and it is important to check with local laws and regulations before building and using one. Additionally, using an EMP emitter for malicious purposes is strictly prohibited.
Adam
Hello all.

A little help please. Does anyone have, or know a website for, designs for a small EMP emitter? Also, anyone know an online store where I might be able to purchase the crystals (many are illegal here in Australia) to set frequency? I thought I might try to make a little one at uni, a personal project.

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org

Hello there,

I am not familiar with specific websites or online stores for designs and supplies for a small EMP emitter project. However, I would recommend doing some research and reaching out to experts in the field for guidance and resources.

As for purchasing crystals, it is important to follow all laws and regulations regarding the use and possession of certain materials. I would suggest looking into authorized suppliers in your area or consulting with your university's safety regulations for obtaining the necessary materials.

Additionally, I would advise caution when working on any project involving EMPs, as they can be dangerous if not handled properly. Make sure to thoroughly educate yourself on the proper safety measures and procedures before attempting to build an EMP emitter.

Best of luck with your project!

What is an EMP?

An EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation that can disrupt or damage electronic devices.

Why would someone want to build a small EMP emitter?

There are various reasons someone might want to build a small EMP emitter, such as for research purposes, to protect electronic equipment from potential EMP attacks, or as a hobby project.

What supplies are needed to build a small EMP emitter?

The supplies needed for a small EMP emitter project may vary, but typically include a high voltage power source, a capacitor bank, a spark gap, and an antenna. Other materials such as wires, resistors, and switches may also be required.

How much does it cost to build a small EMP emitter?

The cost of building a small EMP emitter can vary depending on the materials and components used. It can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.

Is it legal to build and use a small EMP emitter?

It is important to check with your local laws and regulations before building and using a small EMP emitter. In some areas, it may require a permit or license, and in others, it may be completely illegal. Additionally, using an EMP emitter for malicious purposes is a serious offense and is strictly prohibited.