Reducing water molecular cluster--what?

In summary, the conversation discusses an odd statement about water from a company called Alkame. The statement claims that their process breaks down hydrogen bonds in water, resulting in an increase in electrons and potentially creating fuel or power. The group questions the validity of these claims and whether the company is simply making things up for marketing purposes. They also mention the company's patents and request links to peer-reviewed articles to support their claims. However, they also acknowledge that they may not have the expertise to fully understand the science behind it. The conversation ends with the conclusion that the claims are most likely not scientifically sound and have been debunked in the past.
Mr lee
hi all
ran across an odd statement--about water:
"Alkame has broken down the hydrogen bonds, reducing the waters molecular cluster size and increasing the residual of electrons ..."

what does this mean?can we make fuel/hydrogen? increased electrons?power?
another form of water/solubility/dilution/permeability etc? chemistry?
what?change to known science? fluid dynamics?
company makes drinking water. are they just making stuff up?they say they have patents

or am I misunderstanding? would sure feel silly

Physics news on Phys.org
Mr lee said:
hi all
ran across an odd statement--about water:
"Alkame has broken down the hydrogen bonds, reducing the waters molecular cluster size and increasing the residual of electrons ..."

what does this mean?can we make fuel/hydrogen? increased electrons?power?
another form of water/solubility/dilution/permeability etc? chemistry?
what?change to known science? fluid dynamics?
company makes drinking water. are they just making stuff up?they say they have patents

or am I misunderstanding? would sure feel silly
Link please...

Mr lee said:
requested link to company http://alkamewater.com/
Hmm, I'd prefer to see some peer-reviewed journal articles about the parts of their process. They claim to have patents on parts of the process to make theri water drinks, but that doesn't mean much usually...

http://alkamewater.com/the-science/

agree, completely
but, nonetheless, a curious claim.
are you thinking worth a follow up?

Last edited:
still the question, is the science sound? what I mean is, can this be at all possible? or a marketing ploy? I studied forest science and michelob so subject is a bit above me and the oafs in my social circle.
need to ask someone
layman's terms please, as many years since the halls of higher learning
thank you

Last edited:
Mr lee said:
is the science sound? what I mean is, can this be at all possible? or a marketing ploy?
No. No. Yes.

Likes fresh_42 and anorlunda
Thanks folks. Thread is closed.

Related to Reducing water molecular cluster--what?

1. What is a water molecular cluster?

A water molecular cluster is a group of water molecules that are held together by weak hydrogen bonds. This cluster is larger than a single water molecule and can contribute to the unique properties of water.

2. Why is reducing water molecular cluster important?

Reducing water molecular cluster can lead to improved water quality and increased health benefits. Smaller clusters of water molecules are believed to be more easily absorbed by the body, allowing for better hydration and detoxification.

3. How can water molecular cluster be reduced?

There are several methods for reducing water molecular cluster, including using specialized filters, adding minerals or electrolytes to water, and using certain techniques such as vortexing or magnetic fields.

4. What are the benefits of reducing water molecular cluster?

In addition to potential health benefits, reducing water molecular cluster can also lead to improved taste and texture of water. It can also help to remove impurities and toxins from water, making it safer for consumption.

5. Are there any risks associated with reducing water molecular cluster?

While reducing water molecular cluster is generally considered safe, there is still ongoing research to fully understand its effects. It is important to use reputable methods and sources when attempting to reduce water molecular cluster and to monitor any changes in water quality.