Recognition of Bachelors degree from china (aeronautics)

In summary, it is possible for a bachelor's degree from a Chinese university, specifically Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, to be recognized in the US for graduate school. While the grading system may be different, it has not been an issue for many individuals who have successfully completed their undergraduate studies in China and then pursued higher education in the US. It is recommended to contact potential universities for more information on their policies for Chinese students.
dunsha
If i do my bachelors in Aeronautics from China(nanjing university of aeronautics and astronautics). Will it be recognised in the US, if i plan to do my masters later on from the US?

* This university's grading system is different from that of the US, no CGPA. It has some other scoring system out of a hundred. Will It be possible to convert it into GPA later on?

Physics news on Phys.org
I also come from a country that use a 0 to 100 grading system and not the American GPA. Of course, it's not China, but he's my experience.

I was admitted to an American university (for my bachelor's degree) with no problem. I also know of many people who had their B.S done here and their M.S/Ph.D done in the states.

I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem, but again, I'm not Chinese and I'm not working on a graduate degree.

Oh, I'd suggest that you email and call a few Universities you're interested in and ask them what are their policies regarding Chinese students. I'm sure they'll be more insightful than me.

dunsha said:
If i do my bachelors in Aeronautics from China(nanjing university of aeronautics and astronautics). Will it be recognised in the US, if i plan to do my masters later on from the US?

I've never heard of anyone having any problems of having a Chinese bachelors being recognized in the US for graduate school.

A friend that I go to school with has a degree from Tsinghua and had no issues transitioning over to US schools.

I am not an expert in the field of education and accreditation. However, from my understanding, the recognition of a Bachelor's degree from China in the field of aeronautics in the US will depend on various factors such as the accreditation of the university and program, as well as the policies of the US institution you plan to pursue your Master's degree from. It is important to do thorough research and consult with the admissions office of the US institution to determine if your degree will be recognized.

Regarding the grading system, it is possible for universities in the US to convert grades from other countries to GPA. However, the conversion process may vary from university to university and it is best to confirm with the specific institution you plan to attend. They may have their own formula for converting grades or may require you to submit a credential evaluation from a recognized agency.

In summary, it is important to do your research and consult with the relevant institutions to ensure the recognition of your Bachelor's degree from China and the conversion of your grades to GPA for your Master's degree in the US.

Related to Recognition of Bachelors degree from china (aeronautics)

What is the process for recognizing a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China?

The process for recognizing a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China involves several steps. First, the degree must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation service to ensure that it meets the standards of the country where recognition is being sought. Then, the evaluation report must be submitted to the appropriate government agency or educational institution for review and recognition. The specific requirements and procedures may vary depending on the country or institution.

Are there any specific requirements for recognition of a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China?

Yes, there may be specific requirements for recognition of a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China. These requirements may vary depending on the country or institution where recognition is being sought. Some common requirements may include a minimum GPA, completion of specific coursework, or proficiency in a certain language. It is important to research the specific requirements and procedures for recognition in the desired country or institution.

How long does it take to recognize a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China?

The time it takes to recognize a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China can vary depending on the country or institution where recognition is being sought. In some cases, the process may take several weeks or even months. It is important to plan ahead and start the recognition process as early as possible to avoid any delays.

Is there a fee for recognizing a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China?

Yes, there may be a fee for recognizing a Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China. The specific fee may vary depending on the evaluation service, government agency, or educational institution involved in the recognition process. It is important to research the fees associated with the recognition process in the desired country or institution.

Can I use a recognized Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China to further my education or career?

Yes, a recognized Bachelor's degree in aeronautics from China can be used to further your education or career. However, it is important to note that recognition does not guarantee acceptance into a specific program or job. It is still necessary to meet all other requirements and compete with other applicants. It is also important to research the specific recognition requirements for the desired program or job to ensure that the recognized degree will be accepted.