Please help with a puzzle. tying to find the #of

• Thread starter vadlamudit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, to determine how many cellular phones can fill the front seat's leg room of a BMW Z4, one would need to calculate the volume of the space, subtracting the dimensions of the front head room, and then divide that by the volume of a Samsung SPHa500 mobile handset (3.4 x 2 x 0.8). This will provide an estimate of how many phones can fit in the leg room.
vadlamudit
one needs to estimate or calculate how many cellular phones can fill the front seat's leg room of a BMW Z4 (Only the leg room of both the front seats and not on the seats)- a range of Samsung handsets are filled up to the seat level only,

I believe their is a scientific way of determining the answer. I just
don't know how.

The only info i have is:

Leg room: 42"
Front head room 37.3"

Dimensions of Samsung SPHa500 mobile handset: 3.4" x 2.0" x 0.8"

let me know how to work this out.

thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Find the volume of the space of the car (length x width x height) and then find the volume of the phone (3.4 x 2 x .8) and then divide the first volume by the second..

Sure, I can help you with this puzzle. To calculate the number of Samsung handsets that can fit in the front seat's leg room of a BMW Z4, we first need to calculate the total volume of the leg room.

To do this, we can use the formula for volume, which is length x width x height. In this case, the length is 42 inches, the width is the width of two Samsung handsets, which is 2 x 3.4 inches = 6.8 inches, and the height is the height of one Samsung handset, which is 0.8 inches.

So, the total volume of the leg room is 42 x 6.8 x 0.8 = 228.48 cubic inches.

Next, we need to calculate the volume of one Samsung handset. Again, we can use the formula for volume, which is length x width x height. In this case, the length is 3.4 inches, the width is 2 inches, and the height is 0.8 inches.

So, the volume of one Samsung handset is 3.4 x 2 x 0.8 = 5.44 cubic inches.

To find the number of handsets that can fit in the leg room, we can divide the total volume of the leg room by the volume of one handset.

228.48 cubic inches / 5.44 cubic inches = 42 handsets

Therefore, approximately 42 Samsung handsets can fit in the leg room of the front seats of a BMW Z4.

I hope this helps and good luck with the puzzle!

1. How do I find the number of pieces in the puzzle?

To find the number of pieces in a puzzle, you can either count the pieces manually or refer to the puzzle's packaging or instructions. Most puzzles will have the number of pieces listed on the box or in the instructions.

2. Is there a specific method for counting the number of pieces in a puzzle?

There is no specific method for counting the number of pieces in a puzzle. You can either count the pieces one by one or group them into smaller sections and then count. Whichever method is easier for you is the one you should use.

3. Can I estimate the number of pieces in a puzzle without counting them?

Yes, you can estimate the number of pieces in a puzzle by looking at the size and complexity of the puzzle. Generally, larger and more complex puzzles will have more pieces than smaller and simpler ones.

4. What should I do if I am missing a piece in my puzzle?

If you are missing a piece in your puzzle, you can reach out to the puzzle manufacturer to see if they can provide a replacement piece. You can also try to find a similar piece from another puzzle or create a replacement piece using paper or cardboard.

5. Can I use a formula or equation to calculate the number of pieces in a puzzle?

No, there is no formula or equation to calculate the number of pieces in a puzzle. The only way to accurately determine the number of pieces is to physically count them or refer to the puzzle's packaging or instructions.