Recent Physics Books Worth Reading

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for recommendations on recent books related to physics. They ask for input on various topics and difficulty levels, and someone suggests narrowing down the request. Another person recommends two books by Emilio Segre and Abraham Pais, which the first person agrees to check out.
DavidQ
I am interested in recent books related to physics those of you out there have read and recommend.

Physics news on Phys.org
We already have quite a number of threads here about choosing a book for a particular topic, like quantum mechanics.

What sort of book are you looking for? What topic, and what level?

- Warren

Thanks. I will check out the threads you mentioned. I'm interested in a variety of diverse topics. That's why the question was vague. The level of difficulty can range from lay to graduate student. I am interested in what those of you recently found to be worthwhile in your own areas of study.

Well, there are probably several thousand books that fit that request. Maybe you should consider narrowing it down a bit.

- Warren

Thanks again. Tell me this... What is the last book you read?

In my twenties I came across a couple of neat books by Emilio Segre, called From Falling Bodies to Radio Waves and From X-Rays to Quarks. Also back then I came across some books by Abraham Pais, a colleague of Einstein: Inward Bound and Subtle Is the Lord, the latter being a biography of Einstein, but also including a fair bit of his theory.

Janitor,
Thanks...I appreciate the input. I am not familiar with the books you cited. I'll take a look at them.

Related to Recent Physics Books Worth Reading

1. What are some recent physics books worth reading?

Some recent physics books worth reading include "Reality Is Not What It Seems: The Journey to Quantum Gravity" by Carlo Rovelli, "The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself" by Sean Carroll, "The Universe in Your Hand: A Journey Through Space, Time, and Beyond" by Christophe Galfard, "Seven Brief Lessons on Physics" by Carlo Rovelli, and "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

2. What are some key topics covered in these books?

These books cover a wide range of topics in physics, including quantum mechanics, general relativity, cosmology, astrophysics, and the origins and evolution of the universe.

3. Who are the authors of these books?

The authors of these books are all renowned physicists and scientists in their respective fields. Carlo Rovelli is an Italian theoretical physicist, Sean Carroll is a theoretical physicist and cosmologist, Christophe Galfard is a French physicist and former student of Stephen Hawking, and Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist and science communicator.

4. Are these books suitable for non-scientists?

Yes, these books are written in a way that is accessible and engaging for non-scientists. They use analogies and everyday examples to explain complex scientific concepts and do not require a background in physics to understand.

5. Where can I find these books?

These books can be found in most major bookstores and online retailers, such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. They may also be available in digital formats, such as e-books and audiobooks.