Really enjoying the new Mozilla firefox

• Thread starter Jamma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary: When you try to install it Firefox 4 interrupts and asks if you want to keep the add-on. Summary:The author is enjoying Firefox 5, but has one small issue with it. He pinched some favorite pages so that they would always open in Firefox, but now when he starts Firefox it loads the pages from his history. He asked the developers if there was a way to have Firefox always update the pages it loaded from history, but they said no.
Jamma
Hi there.

I'm really enjoying the new(ish) firefox, it's almost as close to the perfect browser for me as you can get now, I can zoom around it with ease. However, there is one (small thing) that's annoying me: I have pinned my favorite pages up so that whenever I open firefox it loads them too (I really like this feature, and how they're smaller. You don't need them to take up much room because you get used to them being there).

There are a few news sites on there, and it's annoying that firefox loads them from history when it starts up- the point of news sites is for me to see new news! Is there a way I can, for example, tell firefox to update my pages when I start it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org

Side issue. Until Firefox 5 allows Realplayer streaming download, I'll stick to Firefox 4.

It doesn't? That's very odd, never came across that issue myself though (to be fair, I don't use realplayer very often).

I know my issue seems really nitpicky, and people will probably say just hit ctrl+R at the beginning, but if this is sorted, there'd be pretty much nothing I'd change about the current firefox in terms of user interface. I open it- my news sites email fb and other common pages are all up, and I zoom around the rest with keyboard commands. Just this last issue remains!

This is hopefully a point they overlooked and should fix it when they update the browser.

I asked them if there was a fix... they said to clear my history each time I close the browser :rolleyes:

Jamma said:
It doesn't? That's very odd, never came across that issue myself though (to be fair, I don't use realplayer very often).

When you first prepare to download Firefox 5 it gives a list of add-ons that have not been implemented for Firefox 5. Realplayer streaming capture is on this list.

Related to Really enjoying the new Mozilla firefox

1. What makes Mozilla Firefox stand out among other web browsers?

Mozilla Firefox offers a user-friendly interface and customizable features, as well as advanced security and privacy options. It also has a wide range of extensions and add-ons to enhance your browsing experience.

2. How can I import my bookmarks and settings from another browser to Mozilla Firefox?

You can easily import your bookmarks, passwords, and other settings from other browsers by going to the "Bookmarks" menu, selecting "Show All Bookmarks," and then clicking on "Import and Backup" and choosing the appropriate option.

3. Is Mozilla Firefox available on all devices?

Yes, Mozilla Firefox is available for download on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices, making it easily accessible for users on various devices.

4. Can I sync my browsing data across multiple devices with Mozilla Firefox?

Yes, you can sync your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other browsing data across multiple devices by creating a Firefox account and enabling sync in your browser settings.

5. Is Mozilla Firefox completely free to use?

Yes, Mozilla Firefox is completely free to download and use. It is an open-source software, meaning it is developed and maintained by a community of volunteers and is not owned by any company.