Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Real numbers natural

Amer

Mar 1, 2012
how to prove that for any real number in r (0,1) there exist a natural number n in N such that
rn > 1

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
how to prove that for any real number in r (0,1) there exist a natural number n in N such that
rn > 1
Since between any two real numbers there is a rational, let \(p/q, \ p,q \in \mathbb{N}\) be such that:

\[\frac{r}{2}<\frac{p}{q}<r\]

Then multiplying through by \(q\) we get:

\[1\le {p}<rq\]

CB.

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
rn > 1
I don't understand the question. What is "r (0,1)"? You want a number n such that m > 1? If you want a number > 1, why not take 2?

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I don't understand the question. What is "r (0,1)"? You want a number n such that m > 1? If you want a number > 1, why not take 2?
It should read:

Prove that for any real number \(r \in (0,1)\) there exist a natural number \(n \in N\) such that \(r n > 1\)
What you have taken to be an "m" is in fact "r n" but with no space so that in the default font it looks like m

CB

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
What you have taken to be an "m" is in fact "r n" but with no space so that in the default font it looks like m
Wow, talk about keming. It is true, I recently changed contact lenses and my vision went down a bit.