Need ideas for a 7th grade science experiment?

In summary, a student is looking for ideas for an easy science experiment for a 7th grade class. They have been struggling to come up with ideas that are not too complex, and are looking for something simple yet demonstrates a good understanding of the topic. They are open to any topic, but are considering physics or chemistry. Suggestions include exploring Newton's laws of motion or investigating the different speeds of a disc and a thin metal hoop rolling down an inclined plane. It is also suggested to search online for more ideas.
photon
Does anybody have any good ideas for easy science experiments? I have a proposal due tomarrow for a science experiment. I'ts a 7th grade science class, but I've just been coming up with ideas that are way to complex and ahead of the class. I need smoething simple, yet shows good understanding of the topic. HELP!

Physics news on Phys.org
..What's the topic?

any topic

It can be any topic I want, but I'm looking for something in physics or chemistry.

Hmmm... seventh grade.

How about something like Newton's laws of motion?

Or maybe follow Galileo and determine the reason why a disc and a thin metal hoop roll down an inclined plane at different speeds.

- Warren

Look up stuff on the internet. You are bound to find hundreds of ideas to choose from. I think in the General Physics forum someone asked the same question; maybe you'll want to check that out.

Good luck!

1. What makes a good science experiment idea?

A good science experiment idea is one that is testable, has a clear hypothesis, utilizes the scientific method, and produces reliable results. It should also be relevant to the current scientific knowledge and have the potential to contribute to new discoveries or advancements.

2. How do I come up with a science experiment idea?

To come up with a science experiment idea, you can start by identifying a problem or question that you are curious about. Then, do some research and background reading to see if there is any existing knowledge or research on the topic. From there, you can develop a hypothesis and design an experiment to test it.

3. What are some examples of science experiment ideas?

Some examples of science experiment ideas include testing the effects of different fertilizers on plant growth, investigating the relationship between exercise and heart rate, or exploring the properties of different types of magnets. Other ideas could involve studying the behavior of animals, chemical reactions, or weather patterns.

4. How can I make my science experiment idea more original?

To make your science experiment idea more original, you can try to combine different concepts or approaches, or think about how you can improve upon existing experiments. You can also seek inspiration from current scientific research or everyday observations, and use your creativity to come up with unique ways to test your hypothesis.

5. What are some important considerations when planning a science experiment?

Some important considerations when planning a science experiment include safety precautions, ethical implications, and the availability of necessary materials and equipment. It is also crucial to carefully design the experiment and control for all variables to ensure accurate and reliable results. Additionally, considering the potential impact or practical applications of the experiment can add value to your research.