US Invasion Plans: What's Next?

• News
  • Thread starter Laser Eyes
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses potential countries that the US may invade and the reasoning behind each choice. The conversation also delves into the history of US military interventions and the complex factors that go into deciding which countries to attack.

Which country will the US invade next?

• North Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Syria

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Libya

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • France

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Laser Eyes
Which country will the US invade next?

Physics news on Phys.org
Whichever one uses WMD next. Or launches the next unprovoked attack on the US, whichever comes first.

Do you know which country that will be?

none of the above?[?]

I'd vote France as known enemies are easier dealt with than those disquised as allies.

Greetings !

Libya and Syria are the "hornets' nests" of
international terrorism. They are the reasonable
next choices. But, I'm not sure that force
should be applied there.

Live long and prosper.

Well I personally thought it was a very good album - not as good as "Quadraphenia", but that is a tough benchmark to beat.

Njorl

well France is a thought, but Turkey is much smaller politically and has been rather unhelpful lately as well; so using the "if you are not with us you are with the terrorist logic" and considering that they don't have nearly as strong as a military as we do, it seems like an obvious choice to me.

Although it would be nice to wipe out 50 million frogs, it's probably a little unrealistic :wink: . Syria however haven't done themselves any favours in the last day or two...

Kill the frogs its about time this european union rubbish is got rid off! lol

And if you go by the logic of if your not with us your against us then the United States will attack pretty much every country that doesn't speak english.

none of the above?

My answer too!

We don't invade for fun laser despite what you think and we don't go to war for fun. We most likely won't invade or go to war with anyone else as long as they don't THREATEN us and as long as they don't have ILLEGAL weapons and as long as they don't KILL AND TORTURE their own people and as long as they don't use TERRORIST attacks on us then we will GLADLY leave them alone

Whichever one uses WMD next. Or launches the next unprovoked attack on the US, whichever comes first.

exactly my thoughts!

None of the above. An invasion of France, Iran, or North Korea would be utter folly. France has lots of those nuke thingies, and an invasion of Iran or North Korea would be a catastrophe: tens or hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers, maybe a million or so dead civilians. Syria and Libya would be less nasty I think, but at this point, the Arab world would (probably rightly) unite behind them against the USA.

PS - Nicool, have you looked at the history of US military interventions? We often attack based on realpolitik and geostrategic goals, not just to defend ourselves. eg:

Granada
Panama
Nicaragua
Vietnam

Also, there are plenty of countries with brutal repressive regimes and/or WMD that we are allied with. We armed OBL way back when because fomenting Islamic fundamentalism in the region was deemed to be good Cold War strategy; we supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war when Iraq was using chems; and I noticed both El Salvador and Uzbekistan are on board the Coalition of the Willing... neither of their governments are much better than Saddam's.

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~alis/rumsfeldnsaddam.jpg
^^^ Yup, that's Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand. He was a special envoy sent to Iraq in '84 [date?] to "improve relations"; ie to see how we could help Iraq win the war. Iraq had begun to use chemical weapons when he was sent. Charming, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
This topic is highly offensive and insensitive to people who might live in those countries listed. We throw around countries like it was a game of Risk.

1. What countries does the US have invasion plans for?

The US has not officially disclosed any specific countries that it has invasion plans for. However, the US government has historically shown interest in countries that pose a threat to national security, have abundant natural resources, or are involved in conflicts with other nations.

2. How does the US decide which countries to invade?

The decision to invade a country is a complex process and involves various factors such as political, economic, and military considerations. The US government typically consults with intelligence agencies, military leaders, and other experts to assess the potential risks and benefits of an invasion.

3. Are there any current US invasion plans in motion?

There are no confirmed reports of any US invasion plans currently in motion. However, the US military maintains a state of readiness and may have contingency plans in place for potential future invasions.

4. How likely is the US to invade another country?

It is impossible to accurately predict the likelihood of a US invasion as it depends on a wide range of factors and circumstances. The US government has a history of using military force to protect its national interests, but it also considers diplomatic and economic measures before resorting to invasion.

5. What are the potential consequences of a US invasion?

The consequences of a US invasion can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances and the country being invaded. In general, there is a risk of civilian casualties, damage to infrastructure, and long-term political and economic repercussions. It can also strain diplomatic relationships and provoke retaliatory actions from other nations.