Anyone own an Apple iBook? Impressions?

• Thread starter cragwolf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    apple
In summary, most people who own an Apple iBook are satisfied with it. They like the speed, stability, and lack of viruses. They also like the ease of printing and networking.
cragwolf
To anyone who owns an Apple iBook, I'd like to get your impressions of it. Are you satisfied with it? Has it lived up to your expectations? I'm thinking of purchasing the 1.2 GHz model, with an extra 500MB of RAM added on. I'm not particularly interested in playing games on it, but I'd like to do everything else I usually do with computers on it, e.g. web surf and author, image editing, programming. Also, anyone use the AirPort or AirPort Extreme BaseStation (for wireless networking, printing and internet)? Just the thought of connecting to the internet in bed, on the toilet seat, in the shower :tongue:, turns me on. Oh and another question, what's it like switching from Windows to OS X? I mean, I've used other OS's before, like Linux and Solaris, but what things take a bit of getting used to on OS X?

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't live without it!

If you're not particularly interested in gaming, then you're set, because that's the only thing I've found apple to not keep up with, which is more because of how few games are released for Macs. It's super fast, incredibly stable, and I've only lost my airport connection once (and that's when I tripped, knocked over the desk it was on, and the basestation went flying 10 feet across the air. It survived, btw). I found navigating to at first, be confusing, after being a windows user for so many years, but that was soon over. The network setup was painless, much easier than the network I set up on XP machines with Linxys products earlier. Printing was a problem for a while, but the tech support is a godsend.

EVERYONE with a laptop in my uni computer club went for the iBook. So they're fine for most programming needs.

I use Apple for years.
Now with iBook + OSX 10.3 + 500 Mhz + Airport: Great stuff. Easy. Stable. No virus.
I recommand you do the switch. :wink:

I recommend saving up for a Powerbook, but OS X is great - the free programming tools are awesome. The only bad thing about OS X is that you won't be able to stand Windows anymore.

BTW - significantly higher powered Powerbooks are on the way this summer or fall.

Thanks for all your replies.

1. What are the main features of the Apple iBook?

The Apple iBook has a sleek design, long battery life, and a high-resolution display. It also has a touch ID, backlit keyboard, and a powerful processor for smooth performance.

2. Is the iBook user-friendly for those who are not tech-savvy?

Yes, the iBook is designed to be user-friendly for all levels of tech expertise. It has a simple and intuitive interface, and Apple provides excellent customer support for any technical questions or issues.

3. Can I connect the iBook to other Apple devices?

Yes, the iBook is compatible with other Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches. It also has features like Airdrop and Handoff that allow for seamless connectivity between devices.

4. How is the battery life on the iBook?

The battery life on the iBook is impressive, lasting up to 12 hours on a single charge. This makes it a great option for those who need to work or study on the go without access to a power source.

5. Can I customize the iBook to my needs?

Yes, the iBook can be customized with different storage capacities, processor speeds, and other options to fit your specific needs. You can also choose from a variety of colors to personalize your device.