I'm Starting a Company Who's In?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    company
I mean we can't get in California. Plus, our politicians are much more honest than California politicians. And, if we grow our company to have a lot of employees, we can have more influence in state politics. That would be cool too.eNtRopYOriginally posted by Dissident Dan Maybe you need a marketing weasel while you're at it :wink: I think I'm going to go with jb's idea and hire interns for the marketing campaign. Their young, they know what's hip... and I can pay them a measly $10 per hour, yet they'll be happy just to have the experience. Each year around Christmas time, I can give them a
eNtRopY
Okay, in about 5 years, I will be starting a company.

What will this company do?
We will design RF ciruits and/or solid state spintronic devices (eventually quantum computers).

What kind of people do I need?
1 Accountant/Patent Attorney/Business Entrepreneur, ~5 RF IC Design Engineers, ~5 RF System Engineers, ~5 Cleanroom Engineers, 2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds), 2 Electrical Technicians, 2 Applied Physicists

Where will this company be located?
Preferably Madison, Wisconsin... possibly Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Will we rule?
As long as I'm charge, yes.

Send applications to: e N t R o p Y @ p h y s i c s f o r u m s . c o m

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by eNtRopY

2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds)

Maybe you need a marketing weasel while you're at it :wink:

i'll be an intern in your commercials

What kind of people do I need?
1 Accountant/Patent Attorney/Business Entrepreneur, ~5 RF IC Design Engineers, ~5 RF System Engineers, ~5 Cleanroom Engineers, 2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds), 2 Electrical Technicians, 2 Applied Physicists

i'll be the janitor...

Originally posted by maximus
i'll be the janitor...

Well, I was actually thinking of just leasing a building that came with janitorial service... that way, there's fewer people on the payroll.

Maybe when the company grows we can figure out how to employ you.

What is your specialty anyway?

eNtRopY

Originally posted by Dissident Dan

I think I'm going to go with jb's idea and hire interns for the marketing campaign. Their young, they know what's hip... and I can pay them a measly $10 per hour, yet they'll be happy just to have the experience. Each year around Christmas time, I can give them a whopping $1 per hour raise and watch them wet their pants with excitement.

eNtRopY

Okay, in about 5 years, I will be starting a company.
No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. :wink:

you will need a creative advertizing consultant, baggsy that job, but can we locate in london i can't commute to the usa each day.

Might be cheaper to locate company in china/ india, as there are lots of tech people there willing to work for very low wages - more money for you.

If this idea works, I would not object to having 1% of the profits for this suggestion.

greedy you only get a share of profits if contribut directly to the company.

Originally posted by drdeath
greedy you only get a share of profits if contribut directly to the company.
Hey ! Who made you boss ?!

Is there an opening for Random Button Pusher #3?

Net Admin here...I'll join your business venture ;) Course, in 5 years I'll (hopefully) be a graduated math major, with sights set on grad school, but hey, who knows.

in 5 years i just may be a junior at UW-Madison (soph. in high school now in Milwaukee)

I can come be a weenie... of course I'm not a cheap weenie. in fact I'm a very costly (yet valuable) weenie.

And you'll need to relocate to California.. I've been to Wisconsin... no comparison..cheese and bars or beaches and babes;) Come out here and work on your tan

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

That's of course if I'm not a doctor by then...*shrug* who knows..

if i were in any of these :
Preferably Madison, Wisconsin... possibly Minneapolis, Minnesota.
i would have been a RF IC Design Engineers or RF System Engineers or Electrical Technicians in your company [?] !

..Do you need a philosopher/Molecular Biologist??

You know...for those hard questions...

"Is it right, to build Quantum computers? How do the quanta feel about being 'Used' in this way? Are the quanta alive?" and so on...

You know, its these sorts of questions which businesses have to ask themselves to make it into the big time...

heh..in 4 years i will have completed my photonics/telecomunications course. You need someone with those sort of qualifications?

i'll apply if you need a physical chemist (i am still one in training)

i can drive stick and i am a very, very, terrible dancer.

Originally posted by Entropia
i'll apply if you need a physical chemist (i am still one in training)

i can drive stick and i am a very, very, terrible dancer.

If you'd settle for taking a position as a chemical engineer / wafer processing engineer, we could use you.

If you can get a motorcycle license and learn to play bass, that would be cool too.

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Cummings
heh..in 4 years i will have completed my photonics/telecomunications course. You need someone with those sort of qualifications?

Well, maybe... it depends on how big the company gets. Of course, photonics/telecommunications dudes usually can do RF systems engineering as well. Are you a hardware or systems dude, BTW?

eNtRopY

Originally posted by Another God
..Do you need a philosopher/Molecular Biologist??

You know...for those hard questions...

"Is it right, to build Quantum computers? How do the quanta feel about being 'Used' in this way? Are the quanta alive?" and so on...

You know, its these sorts of questions which businesses have to ask themselves to make it into the big time...

If the company gets really big, then I might need a logician / game theorist / strategic analyst to help me rule the world.

eNtRopY

Originally posted by Zantra
I can come be a weenie... of course I'm not a cheap weenie. in fact I'm a very costly (yet valuable) weenie.

And you'll need to relocate to California.. I've been to Wisconsin... no comparison..cheese and bars or beaches and babes;) Come out here and work on your tan

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

That's of course if I'm not a doctor by then...*shrug* who knows..

No way, we are not moving to California. The cost of living is too fvcking high. Besides, I like the idea of having my company in the Midwest... I will make my homeland a little richer... and I can get certain small business tax breaks there that I can't get in CA.

eNtRopY

Well, maybe... it depends on how big the company gets. Of course, photonics/telecommunications dudes usually can do RF systems engineering as well. Are you a hardware or systems dude, BTW?

eNtRopY
i can bend both ways. My goal is to know as much as possible.
by the end of my studies i could fill about half of those positions - altho my speciality would be in photonics/telceomunications.

So meh..one day, if i feel like it, i may be alble to work for you.

No way, we are not moving to California. The cost of living is too fvcking high. Besides, I like the idea of having my company in the Midwest... I will make my homeland a little richer... and I can get certain small business tax breaks there that I can't get in CA.
eNtRopY

Don't get me wrong.. I'm originally a midwest guy myself (michigan) but there's something to be said for no snow... hhehehe

I want to know the current status of this imaginary company. U can hire me to make the impossible possible or vice versa.

Zantra said:
Don't get me wrong.. I'm originally a midwest guy myself (michigan) but there's something to be said for no snow... hhehehe
which is why Phoenix is such a good choice. low cost of living, no snow, already a major tech city Motorola/intel/etc. Plus you can get some awesome tax breaks if you bully the government.
Where are you getting start up capital? is that why 5 years until start? saving up that McDonalds paycheck?

Dissident Dan said:

User friendly fan?

eNtRopY said:
What is your specialty anyway?

eNtRopY
Getting in the way :tongue:

eNtRopY said:
If the company gets really big, then I might need a logician / game theorist / strategic analyst to help me rule the world.

eNtRopY
Oh. That is SO me.

I have a software company. You can actually find it in places like Best Buy and Comp USA etc... Maybe when I become the next Bill Gates I can hire some of you. :tongue: (in other words, don't get your hopes up) :wink:

Evo said:
I have a software company. You can actually find it in places like Best Buy and Comp USA etc... Maybe when I become the next Bill Gates I can hire some of you. :tongue: (in other words, don't get your hopes up) :wink:

Ooh ooh ooh, hire me, hire me! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll do anything you ask!111 :biggrin:

polyb said:
Ooh ooh ooh, hire me, hire me! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll do anything you ask!111 :biggrin:

And really evo, he means anything.

this thread appears to be a year old, the original poster also appears to be banned or de-regged. the likelyhood that he will ever see this thread again is minimal. so who wants to start some crazy business with me?

ElectroPhysics said:
I want to know the current status of this imaginary company. U can hire me to make the impossible possible or vice versa.

YOU!

WHy do you keep necroposting? Why did i only now notice this? Why don't i read threads i post in? Why am i still talking? Why am i still alive??!