Exploring the Reasons Behind Tears: A Beginner's Guide to Earth Science

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary, the conversation is about a request for materials on Earth Science for beginners. The response includes a link to a website with lesson plans and a warning about another website. The conversation also includes expressions of happiness and gratitude.
Vance
Would you please introduce me some materials about Earth Science for beginners like me ?

Thanks so much

Regards

FVC

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Would that make you happy?

Try: a zillion links or go to http://school.discovery.com/lessonplans/programs/birthofearth/ [Broken]

but beware of http://www.holysmoke.org/cretins/tactics.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you asking ?

i am happy when i got your links, they are good, thanks so much...

FVC

Why? I'm happy too ;) I gave something.

Andre said:
Why? I'm happy too ;) I gave something.
:) we are happy people with full of tears in our eyes...

Thanks a lot for answering my post...

:smile:

Sometimes people cry because of joy and sometimes because of sadness

1. What is the Earth?

The Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only known planet to harbor life. It is a rocky planet with a solid surface and is composed of various layers, including the crust, mantle, and core.

2. How old is the Earth?

The Earth is estimated to be around 4.54 billion years old. This age is determined through various scientific methods, including radiometric dating of rocks and fossils.

3. What is the Earth's atmosphere made of?

The Earth's atmosphere is primarily composed of nitrogen (78%) and oxygen (21%), with small amounts of other gases such as carbon dioxide, water vapor, and argon. It also contains layers of ozone that protect the planet from harmful UV radiation.

4. What is the Earth's role in the solar system?

The Earth is the third planet from the Sun and is one of the four terrestrial planets in our solar system. It plays a crucial role in providing the right conditions for life to exist, such as a habitable temperature range and the presence of liquid water.

5. How does the Earth's rotation and tilt affect our seasons?

The Earth's rotation on its axis and its tilt on its axis (23.5 degrees) are responsible for the changing of seasons. As the Earth orbits around the Sun, different parts of the planet receive direct sunlight, resulting in the four seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter.