Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Quote in Quote

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
I have seen Quotes inside Quotes on this website. At times I like it, and at times I don't. I need to find and delete the Quote which is inside the Quote whenever I don't want Quote in Quote. It would be nice if, just before submitting the reply, there is a check box which I can check which enables Quote in Quote which should otherwise be disabled.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I have seen Quotes inside Quotes on this website. At times I like it, and at times I don't. I need to find and delete the Quote which is inside the Quote whenever I don't want Quote in Quote. It would be nice if, just before submitting the reply, there is a check box which I can check which enables Quote in Quote which should otherwise be disabled.
When you quote a post, any quotes within that post, along with certain other BBCodes, are stripped from the content of the post. Ideally when a post is quoted, everything except that which is relevant to what is being commented on would be removed by the user. Our custom code ensures that things like videos and images are not unnecessarily repeated.

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
When you quote a post, any quotes within that post, along with certain other BBCodes, are stripped from the content of the post. Ideally when a post is quoted, everything except that which is relevant to what is being commented on would be removed by the user. Our custom code ensures that things like videos and images are not unnecessarily repeated.
? I see multiple Quotes when I click on reply with Quote on a post which already has quotes. Just like this post.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
You quoted posts that did not have quotes in them...when I quote your last post, this is what I get:

? I see multiple Quotes when I click on reply with Quote on a post which already has quotes. Just like this post.
See how the quotes were stripped?

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
You quoted posts that did not have quotes in them...when I quote your last post, this is what I get:

See how the quotes were stripped?
Yes! but in my previous post, Quotes were not stripped. And they are never stripped in Private messaging. Did you notice this in the PM which I just sent you?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Wouldn't it make little sense for us to click quote, only to find nothing is quoted?

PM's are different, nested quoting is allowed there.

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
So, I am marking this as: [SOLVED]