*It is safe toTurn off your computer*

• Thread starter Pattielli
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary: Crasher, for your replies.So, would you please tell me how to stop that message <title of the thread> from displaying ?The only way you can do that is if your Power Supply and Motherboard are ATX. If your motherboard is an ATX, then it depends on your OS. You might have to look for certain shutdown settings. It will probably be in the Display Properties dialog box, in the Screen Savers tab, then click on Power or Power Management. It should be in there if you're running Windows. But more than likely it's because you're using an older ATX Powersupply and/or Motherboard and in that case... you're out of luck unless you
Pattielli
That is the message i usually get after i go to start->Turnoff computer->turnoff.
I want my computer to automatically turn off after I click Turnoff and say "see you tommorow, me sooo sleepie",

So, would you please tell me how to stop that message <title of the thread> from displaying ?

Thank you very much,

Computer science news on Phys.org
What operating system are you using and is your powersupply a newer ATX type or the older AT, because the older systems don't provide for automatic shutdown.

The only way you can do that is if your Power Supply and Motherboard are ATX. The older AT cases don't do that. If your motherboard is an ATX, then it depends on your OS. You might have to look for certain shutdown settings. It will probably be in the Display Properties dialog box, in the Screen Savers tab, then click on Power or Power Management. It should be in there if you're running Windows. But more than likely it's because you're using an older ATX Powersupply and/or Motherboard and in that case... you're out of luck unless you want to buy a new computer.

Thank you BoulderHead and 512kCrasher so very much for your replies,
Yes, I went to system and edit some settings as you told and now it can calmly shut down on its own leaving no such unneccessary message...

Again, thanks alot,

Did you find a way to alter the shutdown screen to say; "see you tommorow, me sooo sleepie" ?

Sure, I found it, it was the air stream coming from my lungs.

>>>>The message I would like to turn off was written as my thread title (as was already said in some post above)

ahhight, then.

then, I sincerely ask site manager to close this thread because I think it is going out of line...

However, I first of all, from the bottom of my heart, would also like to say many thanks to you, Boulderhead for your help...

Again, Thank you so very much,

What does it mean to "turn off" my computer?

Turning off your computer refers to shutting down or powering off your computer completely. This means that all processes and applications running on your computer will be closed and your computer will no longer be using any power.

Is it safe to turn off my computer without shutting it down properly?

No, it is not safe to just unplug your computer or press the power button to turn it off without shutting it down properly. This can cause data loss and potential damage to your computer's hardware. It is important to always shut down your computer using the proper process.

How do I properly shut down my computer?

To properly shut down your computer, you can click on the "Start" button and select the "Shut down" option. This will initiate the process of closing all applications and processes before powering off your computer. You can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" and select the "Shut down" option.

Are there any benefits to turning off my computer regularly?

Yes, regularly turning off your computer can help improve its performance and longevity. By shutting down your computer, it allows for any updates or maintenance tasks to be completed and also clears out any temporary files that may be slowing down your computer. It also helps save energy and reduce your electricity bill.

Can I leave my computer on for extended periods of time?

While it is safe to leave your computer on for short periods of time, it is not recommended to leave it on for extended periods. This can lead to overheating and potential damage to your hardware. It is best to shut down your computer when it is not in use for an extended period of time.