Quiz question: Who Dies If 'E' Pushes The Stone?

• I
  • Thread starter swampwiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quiz
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential outcome of a notched stone hitting a seesaw and potentially crushing other stones. The participants propose that the stone would most likely hit Stone A, but could also potentially roll through and avoid hitting any other stones due to its kinetic energy and the shape of the notch. They also suggest calculating the circumference of the notched stone and the distance of the hypotenuse for a more accurate prediction.
swampwiz
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31131486_10155149285526260_4418766605865975808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=53840620f886c5dab249cc2a8ff1010b&oe=5B4E8CA6

Physics news on Phys.org
swampwiz said:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31131486_10155149285526260_4418766605865975808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=53840620f886c5dab249cc2a8ff1010b&oe=5B4E8CA6
What is your answer and why?

russ_watters said:
What is your answer and why?

I think that if anything, A gets hit, but the stone could roll all the way through (besides, A could duck). I'm presuming that the notch fits perfectly over D, and there would be only horizontal momentum going to the seesaw, and with the other stone being heavier (i.e., no notch), it would not crush C, and would vault over the other stone (because of the kinetic energy), clearing B as well.

swampwiz said:
I think that if anything, A gets hit, but the stone could roll all the way through (besides, A could duck). I'm presuming that the notch fits perfectly over D, and there would be only horizontal momentum going to the seesaw, and with the other stone being heavier (i.e., no notch), it would not crush C, and would vault over the other stone (because of the kinetic energy), clearing B as well.

To start it off, there is probably a way to calculate the circumference of that notched stone. Then calculate the distance of that hypotenuse.

Related to Quiz question: Who Dies If 'E' Pushes The Stone?

1. Who is 'E' in this quiz question?

'E' is a hypothetical person or character used in this quiz question. They do not represent a specific individual.

2. Is this question referencing a specific event or scenario?

No, this question is meant to be a hypothetical scenario that prompts critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

3. What is the significance of the stone in this question?

The stone in this question is a symbolic object used to represent a potential danger or moral dilemma.

4. Is there a correct answer to this question?

There is no definitive correct answer to this question, as it is meant to provoke thought and discussion rather than have a single, definitive solution.

5. What is the purpose of including this question in a quiz or test?

The purpose of including this question in a quiz or test is to test critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze and respond to hypothetical scenarios.