Questions about the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card.

• Thread starter The_Absolute
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sound
In summary, the conversation discusses the purchase of a sound card and specifically mentions the X-FI Auzentech Prelude and X-Fi Fatal1ty cards. The person is concerned about the placement of the PCIe 1x slot near the graphics card and whether the Auzentech Prelude, which uses a PCI slot, would be a better option. They are unable to find the Auzentech Prelude in stores and wonder if they need to buy it online. They also ask for clarification on the compatibility of their old 5.1 sound system with the new sound card. The conversation also references a review thread comparing the two sound cards.
The_Absolute
I was hoping to buy a good sound card. Someone on this forum told me to get an X-FI Auzentech Prelude. I was going to buy an X-Fi Fatal1ty card, but was worried because the PCIe 1x slot is too close to my graphics card, which gets over 100 *C under heavy load. The PCI slot is located a good few inches away from my GPU. From the looks of it, the Auzentech Prelude appears to use a PCI slot. Judging from the appearance of the connectors. The only problem is, is that I cannot find this card being sold at any store. Do I have to buy it off the internet? The store I bought my computer from, "Fry's Electronics," does not sell this sound card. I would probably have to look at different stores to see if they sell it.

Is Auzentech Prelude better than the Fatal1ty X-Fi cards as someone on another forum claimed? Here is a photo of the inside of my Gateway FX 6710-01 gaming desktop. Notice the PCI slot is at the bottom of the case, and wouldn't get cooked by the enormous heat from the GPU. The PCIe 1x slot is directly underneath the GPU. It isn't visible in the photo.

I have a Foxconn G33 motherboard.

http://images.tigerdirect.ca/SKUimages/enhanced/G180-6710-call06-pact.jpg

Just a question, but I have a 5.1 sound system which is about Four-Five years old, that I used with my old computer. Would they still be compatible with my new sound card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Here is a thread on a review between the two cards
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26197689

Last edited:

I cannot provide a personal opinion on the quality or comparison of different sound cards. However, I can provide some information on the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card and its compatibility with your system.

The X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card is a discontinued product, which is why you may not be able to find it in stores. It was designed to provide high-quality audio for gaming and entertainment purposes. It is compatible with PCI slots, which is why it may appear to use a PCI slot in the photo you provided.

In terms of compatibility with your system, the Foxconn G33 motherboard does have a PCI slot, so the sound card should be compatible. However, it is always best to check the specifications and requirements of the sound card to ensure compatibility with your system.

As for the comparison between the Auzentech Prelude and the Fatal1ty X-Fi cards, it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. The Auzentech Prelude was known for its high-quality audio, while the Fatal1ty X-Fi cards were designed for gaming and may have additional features such as hardware acceleration. It is important to research and compare the specifications and features of both cards to determine which one would best suit your needs.

Lastly, your 5.1 sound system should still be compatible with your new sound card. However, it is always recommended to check the compatibility and requirements of both your sound card and speakers to ensure optimal performance.

Related to Questions about the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card.

1. What is the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card?

The X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card is a high-end sound card designed for use in computers. It is known for its advanced audio processing capabilities and high-quality sound output.

2. What are the key features of the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card?

The X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card features 24-bit audio processing, support for multiple audio channels, and compatibility with various sound standards such as EAX and OpenAL. It also has a built-in headphone amplifier for improved audio output.

3. Is the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card compatible with all computers?

No, the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card is designed for use with PCI Express slots on desktop computers. It may not be compatible with laptops or older computers with different slot types.

4. How does the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card compare to other sound cards on the market?

The X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card is considered to be one of the top sound cards on the market due to its advanced audio processing capabilities and high-quality sound output. However, its price point may be higher compared to other sound cards.

5. Can the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card improve the sound quality on my computer?

Yes, the X-Fi Auzentech Prelude sound card is designed to enhance the audio output on your computer. With its advanced audio processing technology, it can improve the overall sound quality and provide a more immersive listening experience.