Best Revision/Learning Method(s)?

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
In summary, when it comes to studying and revising, the person prefers to understand the material as they go through the course and then do some practice papers before exams. They also sometimes look at summaries in books, but this isn't necessary if they have stayed on top of things. They make sure not to get too worried about exams, as it can negatively impact their ability to work.
quddusaliquddus
What works for you? What's worked for others? Got personal quirks/rituals when revising? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Im flunking 10th grade ...

no questions asked.

I see denial is RBS 5's method ;)

I prefer to make sure I understand the stuff as I go through the course, then just do some practice papers before exams to make sure I know how the exam will be structured, and haven't forgotten anything major. Sometimes I stretch to looking at summaries in books, but that isn't absolutely necessary if I have somehow managed to keep on top of things.

One thing I absolutely never let myself do is get all worried about the exam. It just makes it so that I can't work at all, and I'd rather keep myself in a state where I do have a hope of passing that put lots of unnecessary pressure on myself. If I fail I can sort it out afterwards, not the end of the world.

1. What is the best revision/learning method?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as each individual has their own unique learning style and preferences. It is important to experiment with different methods and find what works best for you.

2. How do I know which revision/learning method is most effective for me?

You can determine the effectiveness of a revision/learning method by tracking your progress and understanding your strengths and weaknesses. Pay attention to how well you retain information and how engaged you feel while using a particular method.

3. Can I use multiple revision/learning methods at the same time?

Absolutely! In fact, using a combination of different methods can be more beneficial as it allows for a variety of learning techniques and can help keep you engaged and motivated.

4. Should I stick to one revision/learning method or switch it up?

It is recommended to switch up your revision/learning methods to keep things fresh and prevent boredom. However, if you find a method that works extremely well for you, it is okay to stick with it.

5. Are there any specific revision/learning methods that are proven to be more effective?

There is no one "best" method, but research has shown that active learning techniques such as practice testing and distributed practice tend to be more effective than passive methods like re-reading or highlighting. However, it is important to find what works best for you personally.