Question: Where can I find the ebook 'superstring' by Polchinski?

In summary, to find the ebook 'superstring' by Polchinski, you can search for it on online bookstores or digital libraries such as Amazon or Google Books. It may also be available for purchase or download on the author's personal website or through academic databases. Additionally, some public libraries may offer access to the ebook through their digital collections.
linhtm
Look for ebook "superstring "

I am looking for ebook "superstring(.djvu) " was written by Polchinski
Have you got it ,please share for me
thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not familiar with it. Polchinski had written a textbook on String Theory, but to my knowledge it is not avaible online, you have to pay for it. Could you give me any more information?

EDIT : You may want to try http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9709062 though.

Last edited:
The books are:
String Theory Vol 1 (Polchinski J)
String Theory Vol 2 (Polchinski J)

There are two volumes. Some of the chapters:

1. Type-I and Type-II syperstrings,
2. The heterotic string
3. Superstring interaction
4. D-Branes

These books are quite nice and understandable. A lot of math and physics, I think it more suitable for advanced reader, not a beginner.
I have them as scanned e-books, but I would like to do an exchange, because if you really want them - buy them, I did :)

Related to Question: Where can I find the ebook 'superstring' by Polchinski?

What is a superstring?

A superstring is a theoretical concept in physics that proposes that the fundamental building blocks of the universe are not particles, but rather extremely tiny, vibrating strings. This theory suggests that all matter and energy in the universe is made up of these strings, which vibrate at different frequencies to produce different particles and forces.

Why is it important to study superstrings?

Studying superstrings is important because it has the potential to unify the four fundamental forces of nature (gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear force, and weak nuclear force) into one theory. This would provide a more complete understanding of the universe and potentially lead to new technological advancements.

What is the evidence for superstrings?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of superstrings. However, many scientists believe that superstring theory is the most promising approach to unifying the laws of physics. Additionally, there are some indirect observations, such as the existence of supersymmetric particles, that support the theory.

How do scientists study superstrings?

Since superstrings are too small to be observed directly, scientists study them through mathematical equations and models. They also use experiments and observations from particle accelerators and other advanced technologies to test the predictions of superstring theory.

What are the potential implications of superstring theory?

If proven to be true, superstring theory could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and could potentially lead to new technologies. It could also provide a deeper understanding of fundamental concepts such as space, time, and gravity.