Question on energy conservation with centripetal acceleratio

In summary, the conversation is about a problem where the correct answer is E and the person is seeking advice on how to solve it. They mention the conservation of mechanical energy and multiple attempts that were unsuccessful. They also mention being stuck on a specific part of the problem and seeking help.
RoboNerd

Homework Statement

Untitled 2.jpg
Untitled 3.jpg

The right answer is E, and I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Please advise on how to proceed. Thanks in advance.

Homework Equations

conservation of mechanical energy??

The Attempt at a Solution

Many attempts were done, but I am lacking on theory with this. How and why should I choose E and eliminate the other answers?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
UPDATE: I was able to figure out why I and II are wrong, but I am now stuck on roman numeral III.

Thanks in advance for the help

Consider the speed, v, at point B. How does this relate to H? How does it relate to the centripetal force at B?

Related to Question on energy conservation with centripetal acceleratio

1. What is energy conservation?

Energy conservation refers to the principle that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but only transformed from one form to another. This means that the total amount of energy in a closed system remains constant.

2. What is centripetal acceleration?

Centripetal acceleration is the acceleration towards the center of a circular path. It is always perpendicular to the velocity of an object and is caused by a centripetal force, such as tension in a string or the force of gravity.

3. How does energy conservation apply to centripetal acceleration?

According to the law of conservation of energy, the total energy of a system must remain constant. In the case of centripetal acceleration, the kinetic energy of an object is constantly changing as it moves in a circular path, but the total energy (kinetic + potential) remains the same.

4. How does energy conservation impact centripetal force?

Since energy cannot be created or destroyed, the total energy of a system must be conserved. This means that the energy used to maintain centripetal acceleration must come from somewhere, such as the potential energy of an object at a higher point on a circular path.

5. What are some real-world examples of energy conservation with centripetal acceleration?

One example is a roller coaster. As the coaster moves up and down the hills, the energy is constantly being transformed between potential and kinetic energy, but the total energy of the system remains constant. Another example is a satellite orbiting the Earth, where the centripetal force of gravity keeps it in a circular path while energy is conserved.