Researching Ampere's Law: Need Help Finding Resources

In summary, a person is seeking help with researching for a paper on Ampere's Law and is struggling to find enough information. They have already tried a Google search and are now asking for advice on other search terms or web resources to use. Another person suggests trying "Maxwell's equations" and "magnetism" and provides some useful links for further information.
cccontour
Hi all,

I stumbled upon this page from google. I have to write a research paper for ampere's law. However, I cannot get enough info to meet the minimum number of pages for the paper. I did a google search at which I only got a paragraph on ampere's law

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ampere's+law&btnG=Search

What other search terms should I use? Or what web resources do you use to research?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Try "maxwell's equations" and "magnetism."

1. What is Ampere's Law and why is it important in research?

Ampere's Law is a fundamental equation in electromagnetism that describes the relationship between an electric current and the resulting magnetic field. It is important in research because it helps us understand and predict the behavior of electric currents and magnetic fields, and has numerous applications in technology and engineering.

2. What are some good resources for learning about Ampere's Law?

Some good resources for learning about Ampere's Law include textbooks on electromagnetism and electromagnetics, online lectures and courses, and scientific journal articles. Websites such as Khan Academy and Hyperphysics also provide clear explanations and examples of Ampere's Law.

3. What are some common misconceptions about Ampere's Law?

One common misconception about Ampere's Law is that it only applies to straight current-carrying wires. In reality, it can be applied to any closed loop of current, including curved and non-linear ones. Another misconception is that Ampere's Law is equivalent to the Biot-Savart Law, when in fact they are complementary equations that describe different aspects of electromagnetism.

4. How has Ampere's Law been used in real-world applications?

Ampere's Law has been used in a variety of real-world applications, including the design of motors, generators, and transformers. It is also essential in the development of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technology, which uses strong magnetic fields to produce detailed images of the body's internal structures.

5. What are some current areas of research related to Ampere's Law?

Current areas of research related to Ampere's Law include developing new methods for solving complex electromagnetic problems, investigating the effects of non-linear materials on magnetic fields, and exploring the use of Ampere's Law in high-frequency and high-speed applications such as wireless power transfer and data transmission.