Question about PSPice Student 9.1

In summary, PSPice Student 9.1 is a free circuit simulation software designed for students and professionals to analyze and design electronic circuits. It is only compatible with Windows operating systems and can simulate various types of circuits and components. The accuracy of the simulations depends on the complexity and components used, but they are generally considered to be highly accurate for educational purposes.
jean28
I downloaded PSPice student 9.1 and when I open the program and press File -> New -> Simulation Profile it doesn't allow me to put any name that I try to put. Also, underneath the name space it mentions something about "Inherit from an existing profile". What do I put there? Thank you all very much.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Manual?

If you want to do a circuit simulation you have to start from capture student>file>New>project.

Related to Question about PSPice Student 9.1

1. What is PSPice Student 9.1?

PSPice Student 9.1 is a circuit simulation software used by students and professionals to design and analyze electronic circuits. It is a version of the popular PSPice software specifically designed for educational purposes.

2. Is PSPice Student 9.1 free to use?

Yes, PSPice Student 9.1 is available for free download. However, it is only intended for non-commercial use and has limited features compared to the professional version of PSPice.

3. Can I use PSPice Student 9.1 on any operating system?

No, PSPice Student 9.1 is only compatible with Windows operating systems. It is not available for Mac or Linux systems.

4. What types of circuits can PSPice Student 9.1 simulate?

PSPice Student 9.1 can simulate a wide range of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits. It also supports various types of components, such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors.

5. How accurate are the simulations in PSPice Student 9.1?

The accuracy of the simulations in PSPice Student 9.1 depends on the complexity of the circuit and the accuracy of the components used. In general, the simulations are considered to be highly accurate and reliable for educational purposes.