Question 26.5: Triangle Circuit - Is My Drawing Correct?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the configuration and voltage source placement for question 26.5, specifically for part (a). The speaker has drawn out a diagram but is unsure about the placement of the 20 ohm resistor and whether the drawing is correct. They are seeking clarification on where to connect the voltage source and the correct labeling for node a.
Instinctlol
I am not sure how the configuration would look like if we add a voltage across these points. I have drawn out what I think it would look like after a potential is applied across Vab. My question is, is this drawing correct?? What about Vbc and Vac?

This is question 26.5.

2vaimog.jpg

And here is my attempt for (a)

34656vt.jpg

Once I figure out the configuration, I can easily add up the R_eq and find the I from that. But I need to make sure my configuration is correct!

Physics news on Phys.org
For a diagram for part (a), the voltage source should be drawn between nodes a and b. You've not labeled node a correctly in the second diagram.

What should the 20ohm be connected to?

If the instructions say to put the voltage source between nodes a and b, then that's where you connect it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=40889&stc=1&d=1321140632.jpg

Attachments

• Fig1.jpg
    Fig1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 409
gneill said:
If the instructions say to put the voltage source between nodes a and b, then that's where you connect it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=40889&stc=1&d=1321140632.jpg

Ohhhhh, duh... Thanks!

Related to Question 26.5: Triangle Circuit - Is My Drawing Correct?

1. How do I know if my drawing of the triangle circuit is correct?

You can check the correctness of your drawing by analyzing the circuit components and connections. Make sure that all the components are correctly labeled and connected according to the circuit diagram provided.

2. Can I use any type of triangle for the circuit?

No, the specific type of triangle is important for this circuit as it affects the placement and connections of the components. Make sure to use an equilateral triangle for accurate results.

3. What are the main components of the triangle circuit?

The main components of the triangle circuit include three resistors, a battery, and a switch. The resistors are arranged in a series within the triangle, with the battery and switch connected at the vertices of the triangle.

4. How do I calculate the total resistance of the triangle circuit?

The total resistance of a series circuit can be calculated by adding up the individual resistance values of each component. In this case, it would be the sum of the resistance values of the three resistors.

5. Can I change the placement of the components in the triangle circuit?

Yes, you can experiment with different placements of the components in the triangle circuit, but make sure to follow the correct connections and keep the equilateral triangle shape intact for accurate results.