Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin Passes Away at 76

• News
  • Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date
In summary, Aretha Franklin was an American singer, songwriter, and pianist who became known as the "Queen of Soul" for her contributions to soul music. She passed away on August 16, 2018, at the age of 76 from pancreatic cancer. Some of her most famous songs include "Respect," "Think," and "Chain of Fools." Her passing was a significant loss to the music industry, and she will be remembered as one of the greatest singers of all time, with a powerful and soulful voice that touched the hearts of millions. Her legacy as a trailblazer for women and an icon of strength and resilience will continue to live on through her music.
gmax137
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Likes StatGuy2000 and pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, she was a great talent.

Likes Demystifier, DennisN and russ_watters
I know a lot of people think that her signature tunes were "RESPECT" and "Natural Woman". I, on the other hand, worn out her "Who's Zoomin' Who" vinyl album when it first came out. "Freeway of Love" is such a kick-ass tune! And yes, I've replaced that with the CD.

Zz.

Likes StatGuy2000, nsaspook and DennisN
A legend.

Likes pinball1970

Related to Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin Passes Away at 76

1. Who was Aretha Franklin and why is she known as the "Queen of Soul"?

Aretha Franklin was an American singer, songwriter, and pianist. She gained fame in the 1960s with her powerful and soulful voice and became known as the "Queen of Soul" for her contributions to soul music. She is widely considered one of the greatest singers of all time and has had a significant impact on the music industry.

2. When did Aretha Franklin pass away and what was the cause of her death?

Aretha Franklin passed away on August 16, 2018, at the age of 76. The cause of her death was pancreatic cancer, which she had been battling for several years.

3. What were some of Aretha Franklin's most famous songs?

Aretha Franklin had numerous hit songs throughout her career, including "Respect," "Think," "Chain of Fools," and "I Say a Little Prayer." She also had successful collaborations with other artists, such as "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves" with the Eurythmics and "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" with George Michael.

4. How did Aretha Franklin's passing impact the music industry?

Aretha Franklin's passing was a significant loss to the music industry. She was an icon and a pioneer in soul music, and her influence can be seen in the work of many artists today. Her passing also sparked an outpouring of tributes and remembrances from fans and fellow musicians, showing the impact she had on people's lives.

5. How will Aretha Franklin be remembered and what is her legacy?

Aretha Franklin will be remembered as one of the greatest singers of all time, with a powerful and soulful voice that touched the hearts of millions. She was a trailblazer for women in the music industry and a symbol of strength and resilience. Her legacy will continue to live on through her music and the impact she had on the world.

Back