Quantum Teleportation Research: Particles & Distances

In summary, the conversation is about a research project on Quantum Teleportation. The project involves investigating the most massive and complex particles that have been successfully teleported, as well as the largest distances over which the quantum state of any particle has been successfully teleported. The person is looking for guidance and relevant research papers on the topic, and there are two sources mentioned - a popular article in New Scientist and a more technical paper in Science Magazine.
Wayne001
Hi everyone

I am doing a research project on Quantum Teleportation. Part of the project involves an investigation into:-

1. what are the most massive and complex particles that have been the subject of successful teleportation experiments, and

2. what are the largest distances over which the quantum state of any particle has been successfully teleported?

Any guidence or pointers to the relevant research papers would be grafefully received.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

I find your research project on quantum teleportation very interesting. I have some knowledge and expertise in this field and would be happy to provide some guidance and pointers for your investigation.

To answer your first question, the most massive and complex particles that have been successfully teleported in experiments are photons and atoms. In 2017, a team of researchers from China teleported a photon over a distance of 870 miles, which is the longest distance achieved so far. In terms of complexity, scientists have successfully teleported the quantum state of a single electron, which is a complex particle due to its numerous quantum properties.

As for your second question, the largest distance over which the quantum state of any particle has been successfully teleported is 1,400 kilometers. This was achieved in 2015 by a team of researchers from Japan, who teleported the quantum state of a photon using a satellite-based system.

I would suggest looking into research papers by teams from the University of Science and Technology of China, University of Science and Technology of China, and University of Tokyo, as they have made significant advancements in this field.

I hope this information helps in your research project. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best of luck with your project!

Related to Quantum Teleportation Research: Particles & Distances

1. What is quantum teleportation research?

Quantum teleportation research is a field of study that explores the use of quantum mechanics to transfer information between two locations without physically moving the information itself. It involves the entanglement of particles and the transfer of their quantum states to achieve this teleportation.

2. How does quantum teleportation work?

Quantum teleportation involves the use of entangled particles, which are particles that share a quantum state and are connected regardless of distance. By measuring the quantum state of one of the particles, the state of the other particle is instantly changed, allowing for the transfer of information between the two particles without physically moving it.

3. What particles are used in quantum teleportation research?

The most commonly used particles in quantum teleportation research are photons, which are particles of light. However, other particles such as atoms, ions, and electrons can also be used. The key is that the particles must be able to be entangled and have their quantum states measured.

4. Is there a limit to the distance that can be teleported using quantum teleportation?

Currently, there is no known limit to the distance that can be teleported using quantum teleportation. Theoretically, it is possible to teleport particles over any distance as long as there is a way to maintain the entanglement of the particles and measure their quantum states.

5. What are the potential applications of quantum teleportation research?

Quantum teleportation research has potential applications in quantum computing, secure communication, and quantum cryptography. It could also have implications for long-distance space travel and the exploration of the universe. However, more research and development is needed before these applications can become a reality.